• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Browning Joins Other Gunmakers In Offering Rebates

We're going to see a lot of rebates this year- with sales down rebates are a good way to drive sales. It's well known most people don't apply for their rebates, as such, companies can market a sale but not actually hit their profit margin that hard.

Meh....

Browning had an 8 percent rebate in March/April of this year. Paired with a KTP 10% coupon and 75 dollar gift card cover for sales tax.

Got one hell of a deal off that new O/U nearly 20 percent off

Yeah, on occasion they have really good offers, but this one is just meh.

Yeah, on occasion they have really good offers, but this one is just meh.

Fudd gun sales are likely down. People are election year buying Black gun stuff and handguns.

I stocked up on Black rifle last year when nobody was buying. Now is the year to buy Fudd, there should be deals.

Seriously ???
What's wrong with them ???

Nothing. Ive got thousands thru my CXS 20 gauge. And had thousands thru the 12 cxt before it.

I also have one of the very early citoris my uncle ordered first year production.

Nothing has changed. They are great guns.

Last edited:
Seriously ???
What's wrong with them ???

Not a damn thing, hence the "get off my lawn" comment. I was being facetious. Getting old will have that effect...

Browning's Citori line is as good as the one I bought 20+ years ago. I would like to try some of their others, like the BT-99 and others. If I ever needed an over/under immediately, I would take my Citori over my 682 Gold E Skeet any and every day of the week (not that the Beretta is a slouch or something like that. More a familiarity thing).

Last edited:
Not a damn thing, hence the "get off my lawn" comment. I was being facetious. Getting old will have that effect...

Browning's Citori line is as good as the one I bought 20+ years ago. I would like to try some of their others, like the BT-99 and others. If I ever needed an over/under immediately, I would take my Citori over by 682 Gold E Skeet any and every day of the week (not that the Beretta is a slouch or something like that. More a familiarity thing).

OK, you were kidding.
I was surprised by your comment because I've never heard anyone say that about a Citori, new or old.
I have one myself which I bought new at Lew Hortons in 1986 for $750. It's a 26" Skeet model with the wide forend, bored Skeet/Skeet. This was before screw-in chokes became the industry norm. I've literally put tons of lead through it, 1 oz at a time. (yes, my pet reload is 1 oz of #8-1/2) Of course, most of that was back before most clubs started banning lead shot.
The quality of the Miroku built Citori is superb and it never let me down.
As is the quality of all the Miroku made guns, such as the Browning BL-22 and Winchester 94.
When the rest of the firearm industry was looking for ways to cut costs, they were one manufacturer that didn't cut any corners or lessen their quality, they raised their prices instead.
Yes, a new model 94 costs over $1k, but the quality is superior to what came out of North Haven in the years before that plant was closed.

I have a Miroku 26” Citori and as I noted before, I keep coming back to that old gal like the day I picked her up. My wife is aware that if possible, I should be buried with it....

My son rocked his new Citori CXT Micro for a 21/25 and 20/25 this week. Really nice gun for him as he grows. Seems well made and has really nice wood. He has already shot a couple of cases of ammo. It is smooth loading and unloading. He looks good shooting it.

And he got a rebate for being a youth shooter ...

OK, you were kidding.
I was surprised by your comment because I've never heard anyone say that about a Citori, new or old.
I have one myself which I bought new at Lew Hortons in 1986 for $750. It's a 26" Skeet model with the wide forend, bored Skeet/Skeet. This was before screw-in chokes became the industry norm. I've literally put tons of lead through it, 1 oz at a time. (yes, my pet reload is 1 oz of #8-1/2) Of course, most of that was back before most clubs started banning lead shot.
The quality of the Miroku built Citori is superb and it never let me down.
As is the quality of all the Miroku made guns, such as the Browning BL-22 and Winchester 94.
When the rest of the firearm industry was looking for ways to cut costs, they were one manufacturer that didn't cut any corners or lessen their quality, they raised their prices instead.
Yes, a new model 94 costs over $1k, but the quality is superior to what came out of North Haven in the years before that plant was closed.

Adjusted for inflation, Miroku built guns are not really that expensive.
Everyone old likes to comment that the old Winchester 94s were 50 bucks back in the day.....yeah...in the 50’s a loaf of bread was 20 cents too. And you got paid 3 dollars an hour. Im glad they kept quality for those that like wood and steel. Im glad there are Browning/Winchester guns out there still with excellent workmnship.

OK, you were kidding.

Banned lead shot? Not in our area. I know of No clubs that do that. The cheap trap Fudds would have a heart attack

Last edited:
Banned lead shot? Not in our area. I know of No clubs that do that. The cheap trap Fudds would have a heart attack

Where are you ???
When I lived in Mass, I was a member of Riverside GC in Hudson for 30 years, they banned lead shot on the skeet/trap fields well over a decade ago. After that I would occasionally shoot skeet at Southboro, up until they banned it too.

Back
Top Bottom