BUCK KNIVES THREAD!

The nickel is a great finish in its own right too. Very nice silky texture and shimmer...

Also, the leather belt sheath, though made in Mexico, is of very good quality.

Last edited:
I got my 1976 five rivet Buck 112 knife today...Holy Crap! It looks unused and appears to have the factory edge still on it...original box and paperwork from Buck with a $19.94 price still on the outside of the box from a place called Acme Sports (maybe run by Wile E. Coyote? [smile]). There's an Acme Sports, Guns and Ammo in Indiana. The state where this knife shipped from was Kentucky so it's possible it came from that store.

I just got my Buck 110 "Proud American" knife in and it is leaps and bounds better looking than in this photo.
The photo, which looks a little 'choppy' on Old Glory, and the color on the etched blade looks a little faded to me.

The knife I received was perfect. Deep, rich etching and extremely brilliant inlay painting plus the gold inlay on the Ebony wood scale really 'pops'.

Could not be happier!

Only issue, and not a big issue is there is no Edition Number on the knife...
~Enbloc

1609166740339.png

I got my 1976 five rivet Buck 112 knife today...Holy Crap! It looks unused and appears to have the factory edge still on it...original box and paperwork from Buck with a $19.94 price still on the outside of the box from a place called Acme Sports (maybe run by Wile E. Coyote? [smile]). There's an Acme Sports, Guns and Ammo in Indiana. The state where this knife shipped from was Kentucky so it's possible it came from that store.

Thats awesome. Congrats!!
[pics]

lots of nice looking knives in here! I’m wondering if any buck enthusiasts can help tracking down a knife I had as a kid.
im not even sure it was a buck knife. It Definetly looked like one, but with subtle differences. See if you can picture this...
buck style folder
clip point blade (stainless finish)
straight squared off “blood groove” down spine of blade
stainless steel bolsters all around
black rubber inserts for handles. Bumpy texture, similar to hairbrush handle.
i haven’t seen this knife or anything even remotely similar in years. I owned it around 1994-1997. Ive been looking for a replacement ever since. But I haven’t seen anything like it again.

Maybe tonight...my weekend turned out much busier than I anticipated. Also, I just got confirmation that my "Proud American" Buck was delivered today. :)

EDIT: It's a 112 BTW. Same rarity though, perhaps rarer as the 110 was more popular so there were more made.

Last edited:
Not familiar with this knife, but the "Blood Groove" is most likely a "Long Pull" type opening notch, similar to a "nail nick"
I could be wrong also...

"Long Pull"
1609786065456.png

"Nail Nick"
1609786153155.png

@enbloc...i'm a sucker for jigged bone. i'm gonna bet you are also. not familiar with buck, they do any jigged bone editions
Tons. Mostly gent's pocket/pen knifes currently though. I'll round up some photos...

1609787987394.png
1609788003686.png
1609788047460.png
1609788086271.png

Last edited:
I really like the Buck Jigged Bone Canoe.

For an even better selection of Jigged Bone knives CASE XX can not be equaled on quality and selection in today's production market.

Made in the USA, unlike a lot of the BUCK Jigged Bone knives (China)...

Click on "Browse and Filter" drop down on the left column; then "Handle Material" drop down and you will see nearly 100 materials to choose from... Heritage Knives

In this day and age, what a man carries as a pocket knife, tells you a lot about The Man...

How about a Case XX with jigged bone and a Wharncliffe blade? (They make them without the marked blades also...)

1609789227788.png

One of my favorite "Jigged" types is "Peach-seed"...

Here is a short primer...

Case XX Jigging Types

Last edited:
lots of nice looking knives in here! I’m wondering if any buck enthusiasts can help tracking down a knife I had as a kid.
im not even sure it was a buck knife. It Definetly looked like one, but with subtle differences. See if you can picture this...
buck style folder
clip point blade (stainless finish)
stainless steel bolsters all around
black rubber inserts for handles. Bumpy texture, similar to hairbrush handle.
i haven’t seen this knife or anything even remotely similar in years. I owned it around 1994-1997. Ive been looking for a replacement ever since. But I haven’t seen anything like it again.

Puma maybe?Screenshot_20210104-162522_Google.jpg

Not familiar with this knife, but the "Blood Groove" is most likely a "Long Pull" type opening notch, similar to a "nail nick"
I could be wrong also...

"Long Pull"
View attachment 431329

"Nail Nick"
That’s indeed a nail pull. I can’t read the stamp but it is a Remington. Old school can opener this old scout would command a hefty price tag. I’m not up on today’s priced bit I’ve seen them go over a grand.

I had one of those. A small one around 3 inches. I would give my left one up for it today. I’ll add that I wish I had started collecting Puma’s 30 years ago. This boot knife would be on top of the list.
DE7AD80A-32CB-42CC-802C-B63218CD2E3E.jpeg

Ok, here's some pictures of my 1976 5 pin knife. They are rarer than frog hair, a veritable Holy Grail.

Attachments

• IMG_3352 resized.JPG
    IMG_3352 resized.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3356 resized.JPG
    IMG_3356 resized.JPG
    268.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3357 resized.JPG
    IMG_3357 resized.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3358 resized.JPG
    IMG_3358 resized.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3359 resized.JPG
    IMG_3359 resized.JPG
    230 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3360 resized.JPG
    IMG_3360 resized.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Ok, here's some pictures of my 1976 5 pin knife. They are rarer than frog hair, a veritable Holy Grail.
Thanks for this important Post for Our Future Members and Readers...
Gratefully,
~Enbloc

1609809316194.png

Last edited:
Thanks for this important Post for Our Future Members and Readers...
Gratefully,
~Enbloc

View attachment 431543
I'll never tell my wife what I paid for it though I probably should eventually....otherwise, when I join that great shooting range in the sky, she'll probably see the price on the box and sell it for that. :eek:

I'll never tell my wife what I paid for it though I probably should eventually....otherwise, when I join that great shooting range in the sky, she'll probably see the price on the box and sell it for that. :eek:
"Discretion is the better Part of Valor..." ~Falstaff

Back
Top Bottom