• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bud's Gun Shop

Glockster30

NES Member
got the same email myself. just looked thru the link and it looks like the show case of any gun shop in mass. same ole stuff, smiths, rugers and sigs with a smattering of the other usual suspects. i really didn't see any bargains in the few prices i looked at. after shipping costs and transfer fees probably better off going to your local shop. unless buds has something that no one has in stock.

got the same email myself. just looked thru the link and it looks like the show case of any gun shop in mass. same ole stuff, smiths, rugers and sigs with a smattering of the other usual suspects. i really didn't see any bargains in the few prices i looked at. after shipping costs and transfer fees probably better off going to your local shop. unless buds has something that no one has in stock.

Everything I looked at shows free shipping, but the transfer fee would still apply. I agree that it may only be useful if a gun can't be found locally, but in past items that I looked up, Bud's generally had a lower price. At the very least, it can be used as a pricing guide.

Thanks for letting us know. For online, grabagun is still cheaper (possibly beating LGS even after fees) and also have a MA compliant search term.

Had to look when I got the email. I've never used them but I give them some small credit for acknowledging us. That and they seem to have loaded up the whole EOPS list so they show gen 2 and 3 S&W pistols for sale "Out of Stock".

Just for fun, the Bud's MA list has 387 products for sale while Bud's CA list has 464 products for sale. Not sure which list is worst. CA has better selection of older models but nothing new. MA is S&W and Ruger heaven. Wonder if people in CA are able to just shop around for what they want, or does their list have actual real meaning to CA gun buyers unlike the EOPS list?

pointless. this so-called "MA OK list" is dictated by what the Mass FFL is willing to transfer, not by what Buds wants to sell you.

Everything I looked at shows free shipping, but the transfer fee would still apply. I agree that it may only be useful if a gun can't be found locally, but in past items that I looked up, Bud's generally had a lower price. At the very least, it can be used as a pricing guide.

Yes, you'd still have to pay the transfer fee, but there wouldn't be any Mass sales tax, which could easily exceed the the cost of the transfer fee.

My recommendation would be to visit your locale shop and see if they can get close to the Bud's price plus transfer and shipping and give your business to them. Understand if they can't, but if you shop local, the local will be there to support you when you need it.

**** puds. That error is gods way of telling you not to buy shit from them. [laugh]

My recommendation would be to visit your locale shop and see if they can get close to the Bud's price plus transfer and shipping and give your business to them. Understand if they can't, but if you shop local, the local will be there to support you when you need it.

This, too.

-Mike

I generally buy from Grabagun. No lists for the most part and usually cheaper than Puds. A small shipping fee but most of that is saved because their prices are cheaper.

I refuse to buy from Buds for the sheer fact Hickock45 thanks them for their love and support and without them he wouldn't be able to film gun videos in every single video like he's paid to do it.. oh.. right..

I refuse to buy from Buds for the sheer fact Hickock45 thanks them for their love and support and without them he wouldn't be able to film gun videos in every single video like he's paid to do it.. oh.. right..

In his defense he was making videos long before he was paid to do so and long before Bud's became a sponsor.

That's exactly my point. He makes it sound like he couldn't do it without them.
Yes you can!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's exactly my point. He makes it sound like he couldn't do it without them.
Yes you can!

He can review a lot more guns now that a shop is helping him out. Earlier he was reviewing ones he owned and/or was lent by friends. Then he was getting some T&E guns from manufacturers, but I'm sure those shipped through a dealer (probably Bud's). Now he can get just about anything through Bud's without having to deal with all the extra nonsense.

I'd sell out in a second if it meant I could make a good living doing what I like instead of doing what I do.

He can review a lot more guns now that a shop is helping him out. Earlier he was reviewing ones he owned and/or was lent by friends. Then he was getting some T&E guns from manufacturers, but I'm sure those shipped through a dealer (probably Bud's). Now he can get just about anything through Bud's without having to deal with all the extra nonsense.

I'd sell out in a second if it meant I could make a good living doing what I like instead of doing what I do.

Amen, brother, Testify!

Although I wouldnt consider it "selling out" - more of living the dream

He also doesn't really review a gun.. He more or less just discusses it. For 30 minutes.
I've almost never heard him say one negative thing about any gun.
And it makes sense..
He's not going to put down a gun that Buds loaned him and trying to sell.

But I agree.. I'd sell out also if I was in a similar situation.

At least he's open and upfront about it. There are channels that are supported by some company and never tell anyone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He also doesn't really review a gun.. He more or less just discusses it. For 30 minutes.
I've almost never heard him say one negative thing about any gun.
And it makes sense..
He's not going to put down a gun that Buds loaned him and trying to sell.

But I agree.. I'd sell out also if I was in a similar situation.

watched his lcr 9mm video not long ago. He said it was pretty snappy, almost dissuaded me from getting one...for now...

Don't be afraid of the LCR I'm 9mm I love mine! "Snappy" is realitive, sonismt just about any gun that size (.380/9 etc). Happy to see our options expand! I love the lgs thought, but remember not everyone in MA has an LGS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOOD NEWS !!!

Never thought I'd see the day.

Are they shipping AMMO as well ?

CnOh1lOWcAAWg5Y.jpg

Last edited:
Bunch of people complain there are not enough local gun shops.

Bunch of people buy guys online.

Bunch of people complain there are not enough local gun shops.

Repeat.

Back
Top Bottom