Bullerproofzone MICH Helmet

"I’m confused about the purpose of this helmet.
Is it for Civil War 2? Who is our enemy? Troops or Antifa? Either case I don’t know if this is worthwhile.
Is it LARPing at the range? Then it’s good if you like it."

Like I said situation dictates, I can't predict the future. A head wound is usually fatal because you need a trauma center to treat and they are far away, torso/limb wound can be treated and stabilized by competent medic on scene if not fatal. I'm sure my thinking is formed by my Army training and my age, brought up watching/reading WWII movies and Vietnam newsreels. Helmets have been mandatory combat gear since WWI, no decent body armor until fairly recently unless you want to go back to the Knights of the roundtable.

Wow this went OT really fast.
OP - plans on testing it? I know the dudes in Ukraine bought a lot of the Alibaba ballistic helmets, this looks like it might be the same.
You trusting your noggin with this thing?

I imagine there aren't many complaints from people where the helmet failed...

Red dot/green dot aligned with sight line, you look/focus on target acquisition in CQB situation, dot appears on target and you shoot. Same as red/green dot sight mounted on firearm. I don't know if they exist or feasible, just a thought. I think it's better than a flashlight because even thou flashlight illuminates target, bad guy shoots back at light which is you.

I concur! Brings "shoulder mounted weapon" to a new level.

Window456.PNG

Fair enough
We just received the SFOR 10 Bosnia mission the weekend before I destroyed my ankle, Aug. 2000. Surgeon said you're done, no more running. Army/NG said you're done, what good is a 45 yr old SSG. in Light Infantry Unit with a destroyed ankle. I said no way, deployment was 1 yr away, September 2001 but they removed me from roster anyway. After I has cast removed and put in walking boot, started PT and I started showing up at Drills and hobbled around, my 1SG just shook his head and laughed at me. 6 months later I was walking and working out, riding stationary bike at Hanscom gym and doing Aerobics with the chicks. 9 months later passed PT test and back on deployment roster. Standing in morning formation at FT.Dix when planes hit the towers and the rest is history.

Last edited:
Not sure what all the hubbub about armor/helmets is. Here's how I see this:

1. We're not in the kinetic phase of Civil War 2 yet, so no walking around in helmet and body armor as you'll just scare the sheep and get swatted
2. If you're concerned about being shot in the current environment where overt armor is a no-no, there are concealed/hidden/civilian anti-ballistic clothing/armor you can wear that won't get you swatted.
3. If you're considering body armor for #1 above, a plate carrier and Level IV plates to stop multiple rifle rounds to center mass is the way to go. Start training now hiking/running with a place carrier/plates to adjust to the added weight, especially if you're older and not used to carrying. In my case, I just need to lose 30lb, then I can carry the extra 30lb of weapons/gear/armor no problem. Decide if you want front/rear or just front. My preference is just front to balance weight/mobility with protection. As the dude in Black Hawk Down who got shot in the back and died said, "I'm not planning on getting shot running away". Of course, that didn't work out so well for him in a MOUT/Urban shootout where fire was coming from 360 degrees.
4. A helmet is a good addition to the above. In a stand-up fight, you will be behind cover/prone and a helmet will protect your exposed head. The plate carrier/plates will help when moving tactically/bounding/break contact under fire, but a helmet should be considered an essential part of this kit.
5. More importantly, a helmet will serve as a platform for mounting NVG, tactical light/infrared light, etc. Most combat operations (and many police actions) take place at night due to the advantages US forces have with NVG's. That won't change in any scenario we're talking about here.
6. In my .mil career, I spent time wearing in a soft cover during the day, a watch cap (at night), and in kpot (PASGT kevler helmet) for various activities. The kpot was always available to put on at a moments notice and that's how I would use it. No need to wear it 24/7, just when action was suspected/imminent or there was a need for NVG's.

The post above mentioning artillery and airburst munitions is spot on in a kinetic event. It will be used and it most likely won't be friendly (does it matter if friendly or enemy fire is raining down on your position?)

So, bottom line, if you think you'll need to engage in combat operations during a kinetic event, protective helmet and plate carrier is necessary. If you think you'll be a partisan, always in disguise and blending in, then the above is unnecessary. This is purely academic as of course the US one big, happy Republic and we will not see Civil War 2 in our lifetime. A simple reason for having these things on hand is "airsoft" or paintball, which if you've been out of the military for a while (or never in), is a great way for us older folks or those new to "combat" to train the typical infantry scenarios of assault an objective, clear a building, etc. or just learn/train what a dynamic firefight is like without the risk of death. For many younger folks, it's very different than running and gunning in Call of Duty, which is about the most experience they have.

As an aside, one of the most memorable airsoft/paintball moments I ever had was when my team was engaged with another team, and my assault unit flanked the "enemy" while our base of fire kept them occupied. The squeals from the enemy (my 16yo son included) as we assaulted through the objective and rained fire down on targets at a range of less than 30ft was priceless. (Yes, the paintballs hurt and yes they leave welts when simple clothing is hit. A simple lesson to a bunch of teenagers on the value of squad infantry tactics and pure aggression in combat. The enemy "dead" probably wished they had helmets and body armor given the number of hits they suffered.

Last edited:
I think it’s a good price.. Mine cost twice as much.
But that was like $1500 less than Suggested retail price. I wanted to go with just the carbon fiber rock climbing style helmet. But I like the weight of the bullet resistant one.. Balances out the weight of the night vision.

Although the drawback to it being heavier is if you’re in a vehicle your neck hurts after a little while

Just turned 67 with right ankle held together with 2 plates and 6 screws which ruined my running career in 2000.
Sounds like me. 51 with LEFT ankle held together with 1 plate and 6 screws.
Can't run far because of limited flexibility and pain.
But I have my plate carrier, but man I just can't pay $700. for a good FAST helmet.
What the hell is "Team Wendy" I keep seeing those helmets. Is that a brand or a specific model design?

RC

But I have my plate carrier, but man I just can't pay $700. for a good FAST helmet.
What the hell is "Team Wendy" I keep seeing those helmets. Is that a brand or a specific model design?

RC
Gucci helmets for Smurfs

3. If you're considering body armor for #1 above, a plate carrier and Level IV plates to stop multiple rifle rounds to center mass is the way to go. Start training now hiking/running with a place carrier/plates to adjust to the added weight, especially if you're older and not used to carrying. In my case, I just need to lose 30lb, then I can carry the extra 30lb of weapons/gear/armor no problem. Decide if you want front/rear or just front. My preference is just front to balance weight/mobility with protection. As the dude in Black Hawk Down who got shot in the back and died said, "I'm not planning on getting shot running away". Of course, that didn't work out so well for him in a MOUT/Urban shootout where fire was coming from 360 degrees.

Be sure your pretend GF/partner is assembling the NEF Hand-rifle in 300 Winmag (or was it Lapua?) while you are taking shots on your duct-taped plate. ;)

And as far as stickers, I'm Team Charlize for sure. Even after all those years and gaining all that weight for Monster, she is still very very attractive. (Unlike Jennifer Garner, she lost her baby-face and became more beautiful. Garner lost her babyface and became average-looking. Of course, Brooke Shields lost her baby face and turned into a dude - just too strong of a jaw line.)

Be sure your pretend GF/partner is assembling the NEF Hand-rifle in 300 Winmag (or was it Lapua?) while you are taking shots on your duct-taped plate. ;)

Oh boy - and now we're going to start discussing the different boots needed for proper operating: two toed or three toed? Full up titanium spikes on the palms, or lightweight polymer if only climbing drywall?

RC
$339 for helmet which is why I bought it, much cheaper than other brands I had checked out. Like I said it goes in my ACU rucksack w/a set of ACU's, plastic bags with T-shirts, undies, socks, polypro, 2 MRE's, etc. Same packing list I used for MUTA 5's and AT's and deployment to NOLO after Katrina.
Team Wendy makes nice accessories, they make replacement pads and other accessories for helmets and other high speed gear.
My thinking/planning comes from my Military and motorcycle training, used to be a MSF instructor for beginner/experienced course. When I ride my Beemer like later today suit up w/Olympia Hi-viz jacket with shoulder, elbow and back pads, Olympia vented pants with hip and knee pads, Cortech boots and gloves and Arai helmet. ATGATT baby. Used to have a few Harley friends who would mock me while they wore a T-shirt with required black vest, jeans, work boots and a fake helmet with the standard "Helmet Laws Suck" stickers. :cool:

Last edited:
You have no idea how much money I spent on NB running shoes, orthotics and chiropractors in my running career from the 80's thru early 2000's. Those toe sneakers are too weird.

If you don’t have night vision/thermals there really isn’t much point to a helmet… If you do have night vision or thermals there’s no need to skinflint on the price of a helmet

Back
Top Bottom