Bullerproofzone MICH Helmet

OP, We’re just busting your balls but I do wanna point out I’m pretty sure my helmet stops rifle round.. Other than weight… I think you should’ve spent $300 more.

That being said everything hits me in the eyes or mouth.. (Insert money shot joke here) I did get my helmet before I got my body armor… The helmet never had anything to do with being protected from being shot..

To me it’s about a matter of coverage. I don’t care what helmet you have it’s not gonna do shit if you get shot in the face.

BAFC702E-3A68-4A99-A17E-FCAF5E72A80E.jpeg
I can’t seem to read the label. It’s your standard ballistic helmet from that main manufacturer, and then the skull crusher for when I Wear lighter night vision.
Once you put any accessory on it they don’t fit in the bags they come with and they wind up Dusty like this so you gotta go out in the rain or snow a couple times which is typically when I use them anyway… They just came out with a really cool Bluetooth comma adapter that solves a problem that I have a thread about here where I was creating my own circuit for PTT with non military radios…

I was trying to pull up a video from Futurama. You got to get these little or glow sticks to leave yourself breadcrumbs if you’re going out an unknown territory.

View: https://youtu.be/jv9qaPAlK_g

Attachments

• 59357946-8B35-4C81-ABFF-24558D378266.jpeg
    59357946-8B35-4C81-ABFF-24558D378266.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 8
It looks like I’m missing the front brake away on the helmet where you mount your night vision. I have all those lanyard attached so if each of my individual pieces separates I don’t lose them in the snow or the woods… I assume it’s in my cases where I keep all my adapters because I have several sets of night vision thermals

Now this is off-topic but it’s always a good idea to have a bunch of Ir beacons.. You put them on your vehicles and other things you don’t want idiot shooting

I know it looks ridiculous with all the glow sticks. But those get hung on the hunting blinds and tree stands. The little pouch on top where I keep all my “breadcrumbs” Holds all my Velcro reflective patches i stick on peoples gear when they’re around me so we’re all marked up pretty good… The radio suck though

Last edited:
They’re different colors to identify vehicles, blinds, buildings.. On my own land there aren’t necessary. But when you go out somewhere you’ve never been before they really just enhances the experience…

I got like 500 glow sticks for 80 bucks that’s not counting those little ones, sure they’re 10 years out of date but they work perfectly.

What I find ironic is it was easier to buy the helmet the night vision then some of these reflective patches. Mine are crap because the government overruns are hard to come by..

I was trying to get the good ir lasers… But I didn’t wanna call in any favors or getting involved in something I didn’t wanna get involved in. The ones I got work OK… Just a laser like 1400 bucks and it’s the same price as the real ones. But you know the government got a government because I might blind somebody with the thing

beach markers...
You better be careful I don’t wanna turn this into an MG Mega thread..

I posted in a different forum about these radios. They make the perfect solution to what I was trying to solve five years ago…

I just leave my radios unplugged and talk to myself..
🙄

View attachment 650910
I can’t seem to read the label. It’s your standard ballistic helmet from that main manufacturer, and then the skull crusher for when I Wear lighter night vision.
Once you put any accessory on it they don’t fit in the bags they come with and they wind up Dusty like this so you gotta go out in the rain or snow a couple times which is typically when I use them anyway… They just came out with a really cool Bluetooth comma adapter that solves a problem that I have a thread about here where I was creating my own circuit for PTT with non military radios…

I was trying to pull up a video from Futurama. You got to get these little or glow sticks to leave yourself breadcrumbs if you’re going out an unknown territory.

[rofl]

So you make a claim about the helmet, then go on to state you don't even know who made the f***ing thing? What model is it? there is no "Standard ballistic helmet from that main manufacturer" [rofl]

[rofl]

So you make a claim about the helmet, then go on to state you don't even know who made the f***ing thing? What model is it? there is no "Standard ballistic helmet from that main manufacturer" [rofl]
Love it .. Nothing I own is very new but I have a look at the website in five years.

ops core? Sorry I’ve I wore it too many times I can’t read the label.

Love it .. Nothing I own is very new but I have a look at the website in five years.

Which one? They have a line up

They are rated for IIIA, finally got home to look. Not for rifles but basically all pistol.

They are rated for IIIA, finally got home to look. Not for rifles but basically all pistol.
Yeah. Most modern IIIA helmets will still protect against rifle shots though, just not 90 degree, direct hit, up close ones. With the curvature of the helmet, it’s easy for rifle bullets to be deflected. But I get that’s not what MacGruber was saying.

Yeah. Most modern IIIA helmets will still protect against rifle shots though, just not 90 degree, direct hit, up close ones. With the curvature of the helmet, it’s easy for rifle bullets to be deflected. But I get that’s not what MacGruber was saying.
Just going off the rating not the deflection/ricochet stuff

Just going off the rating not the deflection/ricochet stuff
Ya, I’d go off the rating aswell.. People have deflected rifle rounds off their skull..

I’ll concede I’m probably wrong.

I just hope I never find out that it doesn’t help against a rifle threat…lol

Now this is off-topic but it’s always a good idea to have a bunch of Ir beacons.. You put them on your vehicles and other things you don’t want idiot shooting
I recommend the Nightcore NU06 IR beacon. It was $30 from Amazon. I am really impressed with it.
NITECORE NU06 MI (NU06MI) 4 Light Sources IR Infrared Tactical Identification Signal Safety Light USB-C Headlamp with Attachments for ARC Rail / Magnetic / MOLLE / Hook-and-Loop with NITECORE Tag https://a.co/d/cnDVUes
Also, Rainer Arms sells a disposable IR beacon.

That’s a good one. My little light on the side of my helmet has a ir marker but it’s only on one side of your head.

I reviewed the website where my helmet came from it’s been bought out by another company or whatever things have changed. They have all kinds of great accessories I like the little shields that you put around your night vision so that the animals don’t see your “green eyes“ or in my case white eyes

I have a couple of these things that look like pills that are ir beacons but take hearing aid batteries the one I prefer is the one that takes the 9 V that’s the one I usually put on whatever vehicle I’m driving

I’m goin to be trying out the Core Survival Hel-star 6
97171AD2-4B40-4EF2-A5A1-5127B6895965.jpeg

It’s about time I stop just velcroing one of these to my helmet:

Military-Frs-Ms-2000-Distress-Marker-Light-IR-Strobe-EX283-.jpg

Ordered this helmet Friday and arrived today. Great price and highly recommend product.

How did you decide on the Legacy brand and the BFZ website? Any specific reasoning? I am looking myself for a helmet, and there is a gazillion sites

View attachment 650910

Nice helmet bro

Attachments

• IMG_20231015_102432.jpg
    IMG_20231015_102432.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 10
Nice helmet bro
My question would be are you talking to yourself on the radio? I basically go solo at this point…

You don’t wanna wind up with bad IR glow sticks, or lights and have somebody else out there who’s an idiot

My question would be are you talking to yourself on the radio? I basically go solo at this point…

You don’t wanna wind up with bad IR glow sticks, or lights and have somebody else out there who’s an idiot
I also fly solo I just have coms just incase and as far as I've seen I don't have any ir reflective kit

Back
Top Bottom