Bullet Blocker

Maybe it is b/c I don't have kids yet but it seems to me that these "bullet proof" back packs are a little of an over reaction.

Keep in kind that many, if not most, of these school shootings and mass shootings in general involve long arms, therefor little to no protection!

if the student were to run into the shooter.the bag is supposed to be held in front of you.and yes,there has been rifles involed in shool shooters.but i believe that handguns are more common in those events.i bet there would have been a different outcome in virginia tech if the students had these to hide behind,and i agree that it is a sad world that we live in the something like this has to be invented in order to offer some safety for our children.

Keep in kind that many, if not most, of these school shootings and mass shootings in general involve long arms, therefor little to no protection!

The biggest one being Virgina Tech didn't involve the use of any long arms. IMHO, it's a sad reality but it's a product worthy of consideration, especially for folks with school-aged kids.

Sorry that you feel that way Martlet.I have one also and I bring with me whenever I go somewhere I can't carry.Like a gun,"It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"But to each his or her own.Some people like Chevy and some like Fords.

Martlet,I was just thinking about what you said about the backpack,If your backpack is from MJ Safety Soulutions(my friends company)you should give them a call and let them know you are disatisfied with there product.Or I would be happy to call them myself for you.What exactly is wrong with your pack?And is it an MJ Safety Soulutions product?

Martlet,I was just thinking about what you said about the backpack,If your backpack is from MJ Safety Soulutions(my friends company)you should give them a call and let them know you are disatisfied with there product.Or I would be happy to call them myself for you.What exactly is wrong with your pack?And is it an MJ Safety Soulutions product?

I don't know who made it. I got it local. I could check when I get home. There is nothing wrong with it, I just think it's a waste of money. It has a small coverage area and is dependent upon keeping a moveable object flat against your vital area that is exposed to the shooter. They just aren't that practical. If someone is that concerned, I'd suggest a vest for their kid.

If you got it local i'll bet that it's not MJ Safety Soulutions/Bullet Blocker.As far coverage area goes on these packs,the panel is the same size as the diameter of the pack.please let me know who makes the one you have.I'm curious.

I don't know who made it. I got it local. I could check when I get home. There is nothing wrong with it, I just think it's a waste of money. It has a small coverage area and is dependent upon keeping a moveable object flat against your vital area that is exposed to the shooter. They just aren't that practical. If someone is that concerned, I'd suggest a vest for their kid.

I can see your point if the protected area is not equivalent to the body size, or very nearly so. Even then it requires a situational awareness and the discipline to turn your back on a frightening situation to present your protected side. I doubt kids have this level of sophistication regarding this kind of situation... at least I hope they don't...

If I had to choose between armed teachers and this level of protection, I'd have to vote for armed teachers. In fact this IS what we've chosen. [wink]

i'd vote for armed techers myself.i don't see it happening though.all i can say is these things work.i've seen it myself in person stop a bullet at the range.

Kip brought a backpack insert to the range this weekend. It's incredibly thin, and incredibly strong. This was one of my reloads in .357 Magnum -- a 158 grain JHP over 14 grains of 2400 with a magnum primer, out of my 340M&P snub at 15 yards:

357_1.jpg

357_2.jpg

The blocker is fine -- it has a thin covering of Kevlar over the main pad, which is maybe 1/8" thick, the bullet went through the Kevlar cloth covering and lodged there. Anyone wearing it would be in the hospital now with shattered ribs but would be alive. It didn't do so well against a 55 grain .223 FMJ though.

Back
Top Bottom