Bullet Manufacturers Lead Times

Broc

NES Member
I thought it might be helpful to start a thread with lead times.

BAYOU: I placed an order on May 7th, I just received an Email it was shipped today. One month.

Has anyone experienced significant delays with other manufacturers?

My last order of bullets was sometime in April if I recall. Took about a week. Those were Zero jacketed bullets. I just placed an order for some Blues and their website is quoting 4-6 weeks. No biggie as I have a bunch on hand.

BAYOU: I placed an order on May 7th, I just received an Email it was shipped today. One month.

I like those 255gr .45's, might have to order some

Maybe some of those 180 rnfp for Foh-tay!

Iv has an app for a long time that alerts me to sales. Then I buy and then resell online and mark it up 25-30%. Winning!!

I was running low on 405 grain .458” bullets. I got off my ass and cast a bunch about an hour later. Waited till the next day to paper patch them.
Approximately 24 hours. Not bad at all.
9mm is not worth the trouble for me. I have been shooting 500 rounds per week lately. If on top of reloading I have to cast + coat, it would be too much time.

For the big guns, I cast.

If I could find a 165 - 170 grain .357 mold that doesnt have lube grooves, then I would cast.

9mm is not worth the trouble for me. I have been shooting 500 rounds per week lately. If on top of reloading I have to cast + coat, it would be too much time.

For the big guns, I cast.

If I could find a 165 - 170 grain .357 mold that doesnt have lube grooves, then I would cast.

My friend has roughly 100k of various calibers. Some he doesn't even own but rolls anyway. Never knows when they will come in handy. Plus buckets full of brass waiting for its turn in the rotation. If I need any ammo, it is a stones throw away.

i just placed an order this afternoon. they're stating 10-12 weeks on the title page. jeez, death might befall me before that order gets here.

Last edited:
I'm on week 4 with Blue bullets. Honestly could probably cancel and get my stuff by next week elsewhere.. might wait it out.
View attachment 377861
Just wait it out, it will arrive.

Bayou has been consistent at 4 weeks. I asked a question about sizes 2 weeks ago and 5min later the owner called. We spoke for a while, he is a great guy.

Last edited:
Just got my shipping label notice from blue bullets this morning. Placed the order last Saturday.
I'm on week 4 with Blue bullets.
dunno??? maybe it depends what's ordered, they may work overtime on 9's perhaps? maybe saint andrew is a vip customer, who knows... [laugh] i have plenty of bullets for now. at 10-12 weeks, thats when i anticipate i'll need restocking for certain calibers. i have the luxury of time.

Don't know if this qualifies, as I ordered items that were listed as "In Stock", but my AR order was placed on 21 July and arrived before noon on the 25th.
RMR order had one item on back order, but that has been completed, so their website says. Doesn't appear to be shipped yet. Honestly, I don't know how accurate the tracking numbers details are..

I placed orders from DG, BBI, Acme, and Ibejiheads about 3 weeks ago
DG came within a week. Acme at 2 weeks. Still waiting on the others

While looking up "Jordan Precision Bullet Co." in Raynham, MA, I came across this Texas-based bullet company...
Looks like 4-plus weeks lead time.
I stumbled across them and placed an order on 7/20, got a shipping notification in 7/30. That seems reasonable to me. I just hope they turn out to be decent. I also tried Blue Bullets. I placed an order On 7/20, and had them in hand on the 30th.

Placed an order for 3k 147 gr blue bullets today. I bought them assuming worst case that I won’t have them for 12 weeks. I want to make sure I’m ready for the winter reloading.
Got a email back from them today. When I placed the order it was only 4 weeks. Guess I got the back burner.
Screenshot_20200816-144713.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200816-144713.png
    Screenshot_20200816-144713.png
    395.1 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom