Bullseye reloads?

Anyone have any problems with Bullseye reloads?

I went to the store one day and he would not sell me .45 because I did not have any brass so I bought nothing. I was driving by Hoffman's in CT and they had all the Bullseye .45 and 9mm I wanted. No brass return necessary.

Last weekend I had multiple (more than 10) failure to fire rounds. Upon inspection the primer had a dent and after 2 or 3 trys the rounds went boom. Usually...... Shot from a Para and a Glock

Then the same problem with my Glock 17. Lone Wolf barrel.
Finally I had one round that didn't chamber properly locking my gun up with a loaded round. Had to do some serious coercing to get the slide forward enough to fire the round. Then had to extract the casing.

Two calibers, three guns, multiple problems, one source.[sad2]

Last edited:
If you're in Bellingham, go to NET. North Attleboro is just as close and Ted reloads on-site.

I personally, and friends of mine have had some real issues with Ted's shop.

I did pick up some reloads at Americas' Armed that are from a shop in Medway.
Used reloads from this guy many years ago and were very good.

If you're in Bellingham, go to NET. North Attleboro is just as close and Ted reloads on-site.

Dude... Icksnay on the ETNey... They have been persona non grata for past BS...
Down in the southeast of hell (aka MA, attleboro area), allen @ qmmo.net sells excellent reloads but does ask for brass returns. When you realize that he is selling brass reloads for about what steel wolf ammo costs, you don't mind returning the brass. He doesn't ask you for brass up front, he will trust you up front. See the below for his brass policies. Great guy.

Brass Policies

Brass policy is simple. I don't charge for the brass and I don't buy brass - this is why the ammo is as inexpensive as it is. I rely on range pickups and donations to the "cause". So far the vast majority of High Power Rifle and Semi-Auto Pistol shooters have been pretty good about getting brass back to me and I will continue on with the honor system. Many of you have donated brass to help ensure the flow of ammo doesn't stop for lack of a component. Any brass up front is always welcomed. Returning brass is important and I do understand that sometimes logistics get in the way, so don't worry about it. As long as I get brass back at some point - thats all the really matters.

Cowboy shooters, well, a different breed I guess so I will continue to charge for that brass and will refund some $$ if the brass is returned to me.

And just a reminder - I don't charge for the cans either so I need to get those back as well.

And finally a word about out of state inquiries. I cannot sell ammo to someone that does not possess a valid Massachusetts Firearms License. Simple enough, yes? Apparently not!! I find it incredible that some Knobs in a list of states that is now too long to mention get all bent out of shape when I won't sell or ship them ammo. Duuuuuuuddddddes - I make ammo for the local Massachusetts shooter that does not have the luxury of being able to purchase ammo from the multitude of different mailorder or online businesses out there that will ship ammo to you - but not to us due to where we live because of the screwed up, twisted and ill conceived laws we have here in the wonderful Commonwealth of Massachusetts. So please, give me a break will ya? You can get your ammo just about anywhere and we here in Mass. don't have many options available to us.

I personally, and friends of mine have had some real issues with Ted's shop.

I did pick up some reloads at Americas' Armed that are from a shop in Medway.
Used reloads from this guy many years ago and were very good.

There's a shop in Medway? Where?

The guy doesn't have a shop.

He used to sell at the Marlboro show but I don't really go to that anymore. He lives in Medway and let me pick up at the house many years ago.

The guy at America's armed told me he gets them from someone in Medway and I put 2 + 2 together. The plain white boxes and markings are exactly the same as I used to buy.

I personally have never had any problems with Bullseye ammo. The owner once brought 2 5 gallon buckets of questionable ammo to my range and about 10 different handguns and a couple rifles and said "grab a gun and some ammo and start shooting this". When people showed up to shoot he said "we arent shooting those we are shooting these".
He had all calibers in the bucket and all types of handguns. What didnt fire went into a 3rd bucket to be taken apart and the brass went into another. The nice part was I got to decide I didnt want a .460 or a .500.

I have shot a bit of Bullseye, comes out of Woonsocket. They reload 10s of thousands a month. Sell to police departments, Wesson arms, etc. Never had a problem, can be a bit gruff if he doesn't take a liking to you.

I have fired approx. 2,000 rounds of Bullseye .38 special and have had no problems to date great price and does the job.

Back
Top Bottom