bumps and PM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to list some firearms in the classifide section and I'm not sure about the process. The direction aren't very clear about bumps and PM. Any info would helpful. Thanks

ive never listed anything, but im pretty sure it can only be bumped once a week. if someone else posts it cant be bumped until the a week after the last post.

another example

Like this here you can see on the thread because I posted a reply to you
This is differant from a PM that only you can see

You cannot post in your own thread more than once a week unless you are materially changing the contents of the ad.

Maybe I'm an idiot but what is a bump?

A bump is a reply to your own WTS/WTT/WTB post to bring it back up to the top of the forum after a while.

It is done so people won't forget about what you want.

After you post an ad, anytime someone posts a response to it, it moves to the top of the first page. A week after the last person responds, you may post the words BTT or bump or still for sale, etc to move it back to the top of the first page...but this is only allowed 7 days after the last post, whether you made it or someone else did.

A PM (personal message) can be sent the poster by clicking on his 'handle' and selecting ' send a private message to ..."

This is no way affects the 'bump' and is the preferred way to communicate to the buyer/seller.

Any negotiations with seller must be done thru a PM.

Hope this helps.

Be sure to follow the sticky with the ad criteria. We have an overzealous MOD here that will kill your ad for even the slightest thing. He does not use any common sense on even WTB ads so be sure to follow ALL specifics to the T. Sometimes someone gets a little power and the Napoleon Complex begins.

whats the sticky

Stickies are informational posts, usually at the top of each thread. In the case of classified ads, this one would be a good example.

EDIT: They're called stickies because they remain stuck in the same place and don't "scroll off" as new posts are added. Forums use them in the hope that everyone will read them because they contain rules or important information for people who wish to post.

They're frequently the most ignored part of any forum. [wink]

Last edited:
Be sure to follow the sticky with the ad criteria. We have an overzealous MOD here that will kill your ad for even the slightest thing. He does not use any common sense on even WTB ads so be sure to follow ALL specifics to the T. Sometimes someone gets a little power and the Napoleon Complex begins.

Give it up already. OK?

Give it up already. OK?

Guilty conscience? BTW...I see all kinds of WTB ads without locations not killed. Maybe something personal going on?!?! At least I can admit when I am wrong and not pull the "We both disagree" copout.

Guilty conscience? BTW...I see all kinds of WTB ads without locations not killed. Maybe something personal going on?!?! At least I can admit when I am wrong and not pull the "We both disagree" copout.

Nothing to be guilty of. Personal? Do I know you?
All the crying isn't really becoming of you. If you want to keep this going, PM me and rant there.
Or take it up with Derek.

Nothing to be guilty of. Personal? Do I know you?
All the crying isn't really becoming of you. If you want to keep this going, PM me and rant there.
Or take it up with Derek.

We went through that remember with no resolution. No crying going on...simply stating a fact to a new member looking to post ads that does not know the "rules" around here. Happy Hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom