• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying a gun question

In all honesty - relying on an Internet chat room for legal advice is very dangerous. Best bet would have been to look up the laws on the Mass. General Laws site then called a Firearms Atty.

That is not how we work around here or at least not how we should (except Scriv but that's his job[wink]). I think everyone jumped on the bandwagon b/c in many respects firearms ownership in MA is sometimes difficult and unfair. Do some more research and soon you will be one of us.

so I can see this is how this forum works ask a question an get shit on. the reason i signed up for this question was to learn more about firearms an the laws reguarding them. not to get shit on in fact i recieved my class A today with a sporting restriction along with a paper telling what sporting is. i was also told to reapply in 1 year an i might recieve no restictions. the only reason i asked the question in he first place was i saw that i had a license number an was told i was approved. so i figured i'd ask that question an i got answer from people with respect an did not buy the gun. I would rather find out the right info instead of the wrong for those of you who helped me thanks.

Owning and carrying a firearm is a HUGE resposibility. I remember before I had my LTC and someone would have roadrage I would wish I had an LTC. Now that I have one if someone has road rage I back down 100% of the time. Why? because I carry a 40 caliber Glock and the stupidest thing I could would be to ever engage someone for any reason. Period, end of story. I like to shoot pool but I won't go into a bar with a pool table because I would never risk the engagement. Don't get me wrong, I am not fearful and I am ALWAYS prepared but that LTC gave me an obligation to ALWAYS be smart about it.

When you mentioned you wanted to obtain yor firearm BEFORE having your license it said something about you. You must be smart, careful, and above all know your new responsibilities!!!

so I can see this is how this forum works ask a question an get shit on. the reason i signed up for this question was to learn more about firearms an the laws reguarding them. not to get shit on in fact i recieved my class A today with a sporting restriction along with a paper telling what sporting is. i was also told to reapply in 1 year an i might recieve no restictions. the only reason i asked the question in he first place was i saw that i had a license number an was told i was approved. so i figured i'd ask that question an i got answer from people with respect an did not buy the gun. I would rather find out the right info instead of the wrong for those of you who helped me thanks.

I,am newbie too. Don't count you chicken before they hach! You can not buy a gun without the LTC in you hand,It's very exciting getting you ltc But you can't allways trust the answers you get on the web. research all the info you get.A LTC is hard to get and very easy to lose John M[thinking]

Here's why I'm going to be patient with newbies:

Whenever I see a newbie with a newbie-type question, I imagine my son (or little brother, sister, etc) asking the same thing and think about how I'd want them treated.

That's a great attitude Jim, and a good way for all of us to act I think. [wink]

+1 Rep (like you need it)

(Not including Scriv, I kind of like to have one real prick around to tell it like it is) [smile] (No offense Scriv, I meant "prick" in the most respectful and friendly way) [grin] [laugh]

In all honesty - relying on an Internet chat room for legal advice is very dangerous. Best bet would have been to look up the laws on the Mass. General Laws site then called a Firearms Atty.
So you're saying Attorneys Cross-X, Attorney Scrivenger, and other members who've obtained LTC, some are licensed LTC teachers, their "opinion" don't mean squat ?

It baffles me when people "ON THE NET" themself , are telling others, "don't rely" on what you read "on the net"

is it not humans, some with experience, thats behind every username thats answering some questions ?

So you're saying Attorneys Cross-X, Attorney Scrivenger, and other members who've obtained LTC, some are licensed LTC teachers, their "opinion" don't mean squat ?

It baffles me when people "ON THE NET" themself , are telling others, "don't rely" on what you read "on the net"

is it not humans, some with experience, thats behind every username thats answering some questions ?

When you are dealing with legal issues use the 'net' for information but anyone would be a fool to rely on that info as fact without further research. You don't know who these people are or if they are giving factual info so, yes, I believe it would be foolhardy to accept what anyone says as FACT. I have taken info many times and then used it as a base to research more answers but never simply ever believed anyone on faith alone

Last edited:

That is exactly what I am saying. If you desire their legal advice, give them a call or stop in their office. If they choose to give their advice freely, so much the better, but I would rather trust someone I was paying for advice rather than troll on the Internet.

STELLAR response! [rofl]

And some good parenting. [wink]

haha... yeah sometimes people like to shit on other people because they think because they have the right answer that you should already now what they know almost like its a stupid question when infact its not a stupid question. Infact most people do this because they have nothing better to do but complain about how new people know nothing about firearm laws. Kinda stupid when you think about it. They were once new at this as well. It is kinda import though to do some research from accredited websites before putting something on this board because a** holes on this board do exist.

feel free to ask me any questions pertaining to fireamrs either on here or at SSHP. I am not going to give you crap for not knowing anything because you are new.

Back
Top Bottom