• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying Legal Pot Will Get You On The Federal Database

Reptile

NES Member
I just heard that you need to show ID in Mass to buy legal pot next week when the stores open.
I can't find the article but gun owners is other states are becoming PP (Prohibited Persons - Federally) because their ID's are being put into the database after making purchases of legal pot.

Don't buy pot this way or you can lose your LTC.

Give it a few months and Trump is going to legalize on the federal level - then you'll be ok.

Sit tight.

I have yet to confirm if Mass pot dealers will be recording ID's for the database, but that may be the case.
Check this out:

Medical marijuana patients federally barred from buying firearms

Doesn't Congress have to do that?
Technically no. That marijuana is schedule 1 is something the the DEA (executive branch) can change administratively.

When Obama said that it was on Congress, it was because that's the best way to make it harder to change back, and it kept his hands clean. He wasn't wrong, but it was a bit of misdirection.

Who cares about Missouri? My advice would be to stay out of as many "databases" as possible. Grow it yourself, it is easy. They call it weed cuz it grows like weeds... You don't have to go into a gun shop if you already have enough guns or can use an EFA10 and nobody's talking about grabbing guns from potheads, so stop worrying

I have to scan my license to buy Advil Cold And Sinus pills at Walgreens, which BTW, they wouldn't give me when my license had expired by a day, so I'm assuming you'll have to scan it to buy weed.

Give it a few months and Trump is going to legalize on the federal level - then you'll be ok.
Hmm, where I have heard this one before....cough, National Reciprocity, repeal of NFA, end of AWB, cough.

We did get a really cool ruling banning bump stocks, though. Does that classify as being OK?
Or just don't smoke pot
This is my approach. Although I don't care what other people do on their free time, and think it should be legal. I just have no interest.

Not a big pot guy, at all really, but would like the opportunity all the same....but yea, I saw this coming, and don't plan to legally partake......

The article in the OP is talking about medical weed. The act of applying for the medical mj card would make one a pp, since it is a defacto admission to being "...an unlawful user of or addicted to marijuana or other...." As it is termed on the 4473.

Ive said it once and I'll say it again. Medical cards are stupid and if your a gun owner your retarded for going down that path in pursuit of pot.

I would imagine that once the recreational stores open here, a simple flash of a valid ID would be sufficient. Much like buying booze. If not and they require ids to be scanned, they'll be surprised to find that they wont get much business. There's plenty of pot around that doesnt require an ID scan and its easy enough to grow...

I just heard that you need to show ID in Mass to buy legal pot next week when the stores open.
I can't find the article but gun owners is other states are becoming PP (Prohibited Persons - Federally) because their ID's are being put into the database after making purchases of legal pot.

Don't buy pot this way or you can lose your LTC.

Sit tight.

I have yet to confirm if Mass pot dealers will be recording ID's for the database, but that may be the case.
Check this out:

Medical marijuana patients federally barred from buying firearms

I boyfriend was lazy and I went and bought weed for him,prove otherwise.

I would imagine that once the recreational stores open here, a simple flash of a valid ID would be sufficient. Much like buying booze. If not and they require ids to be scanned, they'll be surprised to find that they wont get much business. There's plenty of pot around that doesnt require an ID scan and its easy enough and perfectly legal to grow...

In CA,they put your DL info into their database because you are allowed a certain amount of leaf and a certain amount of concentrates per month,to make sure you dont go over.

The Democrats who wrote these bills did 2 things on purpose they pleased their base by legalizing it and pleased the black market by f***ing up the laws so bad and attaching such a high tax I think it started at 28% and then they acted like heroes and lowered it to I think 22%, with such high prices they ensure the black market still thrives, I can get anything they sell for half the price. Sin City baby, I never go out the way I came in.

Growing your own is a nice thought. But getting the seeds from Canada is expensive and can be a little nerve racking getting through customs, plus there are requirements for equipment like lighting, a grow tent, fertilizers, growing media, etc... So yea - it's not going to get you in a DB, but truth be told, the taxes you avoid are probably less than your investment costs to run an operation. Then their's the maintenance.... Watering, environmental controls, etc..

You probably are just better off with a straw purchaser for the mary jane.

It's not as easy as "grow your own" makes it sound. If one wants to embark on that path, enter it eyes wide open and talk to someone with some experience if you can. The guy working the counter at your local hydro shop is a good place to start.

Growing your own is a nice thought. But getting the seeds from Canada is expensive and can be a little nerve racking getting through customs, plus there are requirements for equipment like lighting, a grow tent, fertilizers, growing media, etc... So yea - it's not going to get you in a DB, but truth be told, the taxes you avoid are probably less than your investment costs to run an operation. Then their's the maintenance.... Watering, environmental controls, etc..

It's not as easy as "grow your own" makes it sound. If one wants to embark on that path, enter it eyes wide open and talk to someone with some experience if you can. The guy working the counter at your local hydro shop is a good place to start.

Seeds here in CA cost $200 for 4 individual seeds at the weed stores.Also sold are immature plants,I would imagine they are expensive.

I would never want to become one of these "pot head dope fiends" @free was speaking of so I stay away from the devils lettuce, but one of my criminal friends tells me you can get a nice grow set up for 5-600 bucks (lights, tent, feet etc.) and any type of seed from thousands of different strains from overseas (many reputable places if you take 2 seconds to search) for probably 10 bucks a seed. Again this is all second hand I would hate to become addicted to the pot, I heard the stuff turns you into a hippie liberal after just one try ;)

I would imagine that once the recreational stores open here, a simple flash of a valid ID would be sufficient. Much like buying booze. If not and they require ids to be scanned, they'll be surprised to find that they wont get much business. There's plenty of pot around that doesnt require an ID scan and its easy enough to grow...

A lot of liquor stores are scanning licenses these days. I don’t know whether MA law or regulations will require scanning licenses, but it would not surprise me if most MJ stores in MA scan licenses.

Back
Top Bottom