• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R application question

I understand that I have to notify the CLEO in my city (aka the boston PD), and that they have no say in whether I get it or not. However, could applying for it cause any possible backlash such as suddenly being declared unsuitable?

The unsuitability genie. [laugh] Thats one to remember.
Actually if anything having a C&R will show your Chief you're serious about firearms and not just some average Joe applying for a gun license. I look at it as more of a credential. If anything it would make it seem like you're a target shooter and don't need an actual License to Carry ALP, but I doubt it.

The unsuitability genie. [laugh] Thats one to remember.
Actually if anything having a C&R will show your Chief you're serious about firearms and not just some average Joe applying for a gun license. I look at it as more of a credential. If anything it would make it seem like you're a target shooter and don't need an actual License to Carry ALP, but I doubt it.

Boston won't be impressed!!

I don't think it will hurt you either (other than your wallet).

Agreed. Note that a C&R is a requirement for obtaining an MG license.

Back
Top Bottom