C&R FFL renewal 2 questions

CAESAR

NES Member
What you answer to this? Has anyone filled it recently?
7. How many firearms you purchased with your current license in last 3 years. Do I have to answer? I do not remember the exact number because some were sold.
8. Have you conducted or do you intend to conduct internet sales of firearms. Ammm what does this mean? I sold some guns on this forum so?

7. How many firearms you purchased with your current license in last 3 years. Do I have to answer? I do not remember the exact number because some were sold.
8. Have you conducted or do you intend to conduct internet sales of firearms. Ammm what does this mean? I sold some guns on this forum so?

IANAL but I have my C&R as well. With your C&R you should be entering your C&R eligible purchases in your bound book and in that manner you would be able to remember how many you bought in the last three years. Also you should be entering their sale in the bound book as well. When I last renewed my C&R the I don't think the internet sales question was there, I will have to check.

If the answer to that question isn't in your bound book, you're not keeping the required records.

My understanding of this is to distinguish between people who are curating their collections, and who are making a business of it.

Unless you accepted payment o through NES (which you didn't, because there's no way to do it), you didn't sell them here.

Compare that to Gunbroker where the price and terms and everything are negotiated on their site. (even if payment isn't)

Last edited:
If the answer to that question isn't in your bound book, you're not keeping the required records.
8. Have you conducted or do you intend to conduct internet sales of firearms. Ammm what does this mean? I sold some guns on this forum so?[/QUOTE]

My understanding of this is to distinguish between people who are curating their collections, and who are making a business of it.

Unless you accepted payment o through NES (which you didn't, because there's no way to do it), you didn't sell them here.

Compare that to Gunbroker where the price and terms and everything are negotiated on their site. (even if payment isn't)[/QUOTE]

Oh right. I have the book. Forgot all about it

when they come for you for falsified records, they're gonna splay your collection out like a filleted fish for the world to see. when you get to prison drop us a line with where you are, our support group will be in touch. tell your cell mate you're black, or so the dna test sez.

IANAL but I have my C&R as well. With your C&R you should be entering your C&R eligible purchases in your bound book and in that manner you would be able to remember how many you bought in the last three years. Also you should be entering their sale in the bound book as well. When I last renewed my C&R the I don't think the internet sales question was there, I will have to check.

Sounds like he's not keeping the records of C&Rs in and out via the Bound Book, like we all agreed to do. Could be a world of hurt if audited and don't have that info.

The problem is that for brand new one you need fingerprints and picture again

No, not for C&R FFLs.

----------------------------------------------

OP, this isn't a new requirement, it's been on the application for renewal for at least the last 2 cycles.

C&R FFLs are prohibited from acting as a dealer selling guns as a business, so just do it right and you'll be fine.

Yes you have to answer the questions even those that only really apply to dealers (basically same form) with N/A for dealer questions (hours kept, etc.).

I've had many audits over the last 36 yrs. I've found that if they look at maybe 10 4473s, check the ser #s on the NFA stuff it goes very smoothly. Jack.
I keep my records. Just havent bought or sold for long time so forgot about it. But you are not C&R ffl. You are regular one that is why you are audited. Were you audited when you just had 03ffl - C&R?

I keep my records. Just havent bought or sold for long time so forgot about it. But you are not C&R ffl. You are regular one that is why you are audited. Were you audited when you just had 03ffl - C&R?
I have 07/SOT. Got the 03 maybe 30 yrs ago when they were making noise about it being req'd to get the Green Card. Never used it and never been audited for it. Never been asked to show it for the Green Card. Depends on the town. Jack.

A good number of 03FFLs were audited a number of years ago including some folks here on NES. It's unusual but not unheard of and part of the deal when we get our C&R FFL.

I was contacted about a audit after a death in the family.
A ATF agent requested to see my bound book.
He never showed up and the local police detective said he will get in touch. The case was closed and i never heard back from the ATF

If you cant answer these than you are not keeping your records correctly.

Let the license lapse. Then apply for a new one. You have no duty to keep your records across the license lapsing. Then when you get the license again, KEEP BETTER RECORDS

At my last audit the examiner was surprised when she saw the 03 taped to the inside of my safe door. She wanted to know why I bothered to have it. I told her that I might live long enough to end up in a town where the PD wanted to see it to renew the Green Card. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom