• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R FFL

Midway isn't a straight percentage, depends on product. Most things get a discount however.

Brownells is similar, but tools typically don't get any discount at all.

It depends on the products. Some have no discount at all, especially sale items. Others have pretty decent discounts. They will show ou the dealer price, normal price, and any discount prices in the listing. I just placed my first order and I was pretty happy with the discounts.

Gary

I just received the big BATF info package, time to read. And, probably, time to look at gun safes. [roll]

Also, I fax'd my C&R to Midway yesterday morning, and called to verify it got there. As of now, my account still doesn't show dealer prices. Apparenty, they're pretty swamped. Anyone know the usual waiting period?

Thanks Jon. I guess they're getting them by the dozens, if not hundeds right now, according to the people in the office I talked to. That's alot of "dealers", I wonder how much they can sell wholesale before they feel it.

tele_mark said:
I got my dealer account on Midway on Saturday. I'm in trouble now......

Tell me about it. I've ordered about $100.00 in just small stuff so far. If you haven't, do the same thing for Brownells. Then you can get in BIG trouble.

Gary

I did not know you can get discounts and I have had my C&R for a while now. Is there any special instructions I need to follow to get to Midway and\or Browells??

wchandler said:
I did not know you can get discounts and I have had my C&R for a while now. Is there any special instructions I need to follow to get to Midway and\or Browells??

Midway's info is a bit buried -- it's under the 'Help' link -- Dealer Info:

How do I become a dealer?

To qualify for the Dealer Program we require one of the following documents. These documents need to be submitted to and approved by MidwayUSA, with copies to be kept on file. Please fax or mail in one of the following:

* Federal Firearms License (FFL)*
o The FFL is a convenient way for us to determine that you are in the Shooting, Reloading, Gunsmithing, Hunting or Outdoor Trades. We accept Collector of Curios & Relics FFLs (Type 03) for the Dealer Sales Program.

* State Issued Tax Resale Certificate*
o Issued by State Government. This certificate shall be for a business related to Shooting, Reloading, Gunsmithing, Hunting or Outdoor Trades.

* Business or Merchant's License*
o Issued by State, County or Local Government. This license shall be in a business related to Shooting, Reloading, Gunsmithing, Hunting or Outdoor Trades.

If you are a Missouri resident, you must submit a tax exempt number if you do not wish to be charged Missouri Sales Tax.

When you have been approved as a MidwayUSA dealer and sign in to your account on our website, dealer prices will replace retail prices.

Send all dealer inquiries to [email protected], or call us toll-free at 1-800-243-3220. Our U.S. dealer fax number is 1-800-992-8312.

* All licenses and certificates submitted for obtaining MidwayUSA Dealer Status must be official federal, state or local forms. No hand written or home made forms will be accepted.

MidwayUSA attempts to keep our costs as low as possible so we can give our Customers the best pricing in the Industry. Since we will accept any size order, there is a Special Handling Charge of $4.00 for all dealer product orders under $40.00 to offset the additional costs associated with handling orders under these amounts.

Send them a copy of your C&R FFL and a letter asking to be put on their dealer list. This is the format that I used,

"Enclosed please find a signed copy of my Type 03, Curio and Relics, Federal Firearms License and Massachusetts Class A License to Carry . Please keep this on file so that we may do business in the future. If you would send me a copy of your latest catalog or sales flyer, and place me on the mailing list for same, I would be most appreciative. I would also like access to your on line store."

Note that you don't need to send a copy of your LTC as they will NOT ship ammo to Massachusetts. You won't find this on their site very easily and it wasn't until I tried to finalize my order that a notice popped up informing me of that fact. If you have pop up blocking enabled, you have to list Midway as an exception to that.

Other than that, the process is pretty much automatic. If you include your email address, I think that they send you a notification. If not, when you log on you will automatically be listed as a dealer. That's if they've processed your letter.

Brownell's is a bit different as they send you a dealer catalog and a letter explaining how the price structure works.

In either case, the discounts are generally pretty good. There are some items with no discount, but not that many.

WARNING: Shopping on their websites or through their catalogs can be harmful to your checking account! <G>

Gary

Tax ID is only for BUSINESS FFLs, C&R FFL is NOT a Business FFL.

Ammo - yes and no. The AG has scared off most dealers and thus many will not even ship ammo to an 01 (Business) FFL. Some will. Keep the names to yourself or a trusted few via PRIVATE messages. Do NOT post names of dealers here who will ship to MA, they will be DELETED by Mods to protect those that will preserve our rights to Interstate Commerce (something that our AG doesn't believe in).

Ya, good point!! The few places that I used to use, have just changed their policy. Can someone PM a business the will. I am getting low.

What a wonderful state we live in! The best part is that the laws are here to "Project us"! Safety protection act my A#@... But that's another topic\forum.

wchandler said:
Ya, good point!! The few places that I used to use, have just changed their policy. Can someone PM a business the will. I am getting low.

What a wonderful state we live in! The best part is that the laws are here to "Project us"! Safety protection act my A#@... But that's another topic\forum.

+1 -- if someone can PM me some places, I'd owe ya -- Midway won't even ship me bullet heads!!

tele_mark said:
+1 -- if someone can PM me some places, I'd owe ya -- Midway won't even ship me bullet heads!!

According to our AG [troll] , "you could put an eye out with that", especially if you poke someone in the eye with a bare bullet-head! [puke]

dreppucci007 said:
Finally!

I finally got my C&R in the mail today!

Awesome!!

[party]

There's so many ways to go broke now. Just the Midway discounts alone are enough to sink the ship. I just bought a 10 long gun cabinet this weekend. I wonder what that'll lead to.[thinking]

Back
Top Bottom