C&R pistol shipped into state to gun shops

It’s been a while since I logged in, with the new laws regarding gun shops and C&r purchases, xfer how are out of state mil surplus dealers acting in
regards to selling pistols to Massacheutts residents and sending to a shops or direct ….years ago i could not find any dealer that would do so ?
thanks

MA dealers can only transfer to C&R FFLs. I suspect that most NON-MA FFLs won't change their policies. I'll bet most MA dealers won't transfer C&Rs in MA either.

it is what it is, they will either ship following federal law or not. When I was buying milsurps 2005-2012 I only was able to convince 2 vendors to ship.
SOG now long gone and the Old Wideners before luckygunner ruined them. There where other vendors who shipped to FFL 03 but not many

If that's true what's the point of holding a C&R FFL?
IDK if its true or not, but Ive seen references to "dealers can only transfer to C&R FFLs" more than once. I guess if there is a C&R eligible pistol in the case at a dealer and isnt on the MA list, that can only be sold to an 03. No 03, no sale. What Im curious about is if a dealer out of state can ship to the MA residence of an 03, or do they have to ship to a MA dealer? Is there something special about C&R pistols vs rifles, which I know can go straight to an 03's home.

So C&R pistols cant be shipped directly to an 03 in MA? They have to go through a dealer?
NOT true.
IDK if its true or not, but Ive seen references to "dealers can only transfer to C&R FFLs" more than once. I guess if there is a C&R eligible pistol in the case at a dealer and isnt on the MA list, that can only be sold to an 03. No 03, no sale. What Im curious about is if a dealer out of state can ship to the MA residence of an 03, or do they have to ship to a MA dealer? Is there something special about C&R pistols vs rifles, which I know can go straight to an 03's home.
MA dealers are now legally able to transfer C&R guns to C&R FFLs in MA, even though those guns aren't on any approved roster.

Some out of state dealers won't ship to a C&R FFL, but that is their policy, not law. Some may insist on only shipping to an 01/07 FFL and if so, that is strictly a dealer policy issue.

NOT true.

MA dealers are now legally able to transfer C&R guns to C&R FFLs in MA, even though those guns aren't on any approved roster.

Some out of state dealers won't ship to a C&R FFL, but that is their policy, not law. Some may insist on only shipping to an 01/07 FFL and if so, that is strictly a dealer policy issue.
Great, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom