C&R Pistols

M1966

NES Member
I have a question concerning C&R pistols. Maybe someone else in Massachusetts has already encountered this and can help. Will dealers ship C&R handguns to licensed collectors? I have a long list of willing rifle suppliers but the only ones that have anything to say at all about MY question are stating they will not ship them to me. THANKS

Some will and some won't. You may need to escalate to a manager to get an "exception". To them it is very confusing . . . as they can NOT legally sell C&R handguns to Dealer FFLs, but CAN legally sell them to C&R FFLs . . . so many have just said "one rule . . . NO sales to MA".

I had SOG (back in 2002) REFUSE to ship a CETME to Four Seasons (for me), claiming that "it was illegal to ship rifles to MA FFLs"! Talk about confusion!! They refused to listen to any reason and hung up on me when I asked to speak with a customer service manager to connect them with the correct info. This is after 2 prior times when Carl and I placed an order for the CETME and they canceled the order each time with no notification to either of us. SOG is on my permanent Shit-List for this!

I know what you mean...I already have a shit-list too. The Kennedys', Reillys' et-al won't be around forever, and hopefully the laws (and lots of ignorant people) here won't remain so stupid. And someday when it is more firearm friendly, I hope people will remember companies like AIM Surplus and Ammoman and ignore them the way they've chosen to ignore us. Fortunately, I have friends & relatives in NH. to fall back on if necessary... (at least until I can count myself among them.)

I have a C&R and so far (note key words there) I haven't had any problems having anything shipped to me. I send a copy of the license and they've shipped....course, it's been about 7 or 8 months since I bought anything, so some of them may have gotten cold feet. Last purchase was a rifle from SOG....that was around 7 months ago. I have bought from them before with the C&R so I don't know if they keep track of that or not. [?]

(just noticed I'm a Sgt. now. :D )

Lynne said:
(just noticed I'm a Sgt. now. :D )

Keep posting at your current rate and you'll be a General soon . . . outranking all the Mods and Admin! [mrgreen]

Congratulations Sarge!

I won't waste the postage sending SOG my C&R FFL!

When they jerked me around they were running daily specials for a month and there were ~6-8 guns (long and handguns) that interested me, but their treatment indicated that all I would get for my efforts was aggravation, so I never sent them my "new" C&R FFL back in 2002. I won't be sending them one later this year when I renew either!

I can't understand AIM Surplus turning their back on Mass. so quickly, I've purchased an Albanian SKS from them on my c&r license and had an SAR-2 shipped to a local dealer, minus the 30rd mags. :?

But, after reading their T&C's for Mass. I called and told them to remove my name from their mailing list and I will do no further business with them.

I've had no other problems having a c&r handgun shipped to me,but it's been a while since I've bought anything.

Ya know...as irritating as it is trying to deal with some of these companies from out of state, I can't really blame them. I used to be a business owner and I know first hand the BS in dealing with "red tape". WE in this state can't even get a direct answer from the AG regarding what guns we can have and what ones we can't. Since the number of licenses has been drastically reduced in this state, we're not exactly a HUGE market to sell to. I'm not excusing bad behavior from the companies in dealing with us (the customer), but I can't really blame them for not wanting to wind up on the receiving end of a law suit thanks to that Ahole AG. We aren't worth the irritation $$ wise. JMHO

I can't understand AIM Surplus turning their back on Mass. so quickly, I've purchased an Albanian SKS from them on my c&r license and had an SAR-2 shipped to a local dealer, minus the 30rd mags.

But, after reading their T&C's for Mass. I called and told them to remove my name from their mailing list and I will do no further business with them.

AIM was sued and fined by the AG's office for selling ammo in MA. They sign an agreement with the AG to not sell anything in MA. Thanks a lot Mr AG you big bully !!!!

Dan

Back
Top Bottom