• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R Renewal question

SKS Ray

NES Member
I searched around but can't find a clear answer to this question. Than again I'm about as handy at searching as Stevie Wonder lost in the woods.[sad2]

On the section of my C&R renewal form that asks:
a. How many firearms have you bought or acquired with your firearms license over the past 3 years?
b. How many firearms have you sold or disposed of with your license over the past 3 years?

Do I list firearms that I bought using my license or total number of C&R eligible guns bought while licensed? Some gun shops have frowned upon sales such as Russian SKS rifles as C&R so I went through the background check when buying them. I think there have been 5 C&R eligible rifles that I either didn't have a copy of my license handy, or went through the check because the shop owner didn't think the rifle was C&R eligible. They're listed in my bound book, but should those be inlcuded in the total number of rifles bought using my license? It doesn't say bought while licensed.

I searched around but can't find a clear answer to this question. Than again I'm about as handy at searching as Stevie Wonder lost in the woods.[sad2]

On the section of my C&R renewal form that asks:
a. How many firearms have you bought or acquired with your firearms license over the past 3 years?
b. How many firearms have you sold or disposed of with your license over the past 3 years?

Do I list firearms that I bought using my license or total number of C&R eligible guns bought while licensed? Some gun shops have frowned upon sales such as Russian SKS rifles as C&R so I went through the background check when buying them. I think there have been 5 C&R eligible rifles that I either didn't have a copy of my license handy, or went through the check because the shop owner didn't think the rifle was C&R eligible. They're listed in my bound book, but should those be inlcuded in the total number of rifles bought using my license? It doesn't say bought while licensed.

I would GUESS - and it is just a GUESS - that the number of guns bought or sold in the three year span should equal the number of entries under "Acquisitions" or "Dispositions" in your Bound Book...

It is YOU that is licensed! It matters not if you bought something with the license or not.

So, yes you must list all C&R Eligible guns acquired and disposed of, regardless of how you got them.

Thats what I figured. I just wanted to double check before I send in the renewal. I can see the red flag going up at the Police Chief's desk now when he gets his copy of the renewal. [rolleyes]
Despite 90% of my collection being old bolt action battle rifles with some having been bought just for parts, it's tough when your mayor considers any firearm a weapon of mass destruction.

Back
Top Bottom