C&R

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
I am writing this because I am in the process of buying a gun from a fellow member.It happens to be a C&R firearm,and the other member has it set that all you have to do is transfer it from his C&R to the other persons C&R.He was told from what he stated, that a few FFLS had told him that with the C&R it's already registered and no EFA-10 is needed between parties.I have been trying to tell him that all gun transactions in MA. have to go threw a FFL, or an EFA-10,and that MA. does not recognize a C&R license.Now please correct me if I am wrong.Transaction between two C&Rs in MA. first exchange C&R copies fill info into bond book,do EFA-10 between both parties.You could also use a FFL to do the transaction. I am hoping he reads this,and someone like Mr. LenS will set him straight.

If it is not an antique (made prior to 1899 or some odd year, you do have to fa-10 the transfer, period. Older than that, it is not a firearm in the eyes of MA law and no fa10 required.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

All my C&R purchases have been registered and all my C&R sales have been transferred via the FA10. Pretty sure anytime there is a change in ownership you must do the FA10. But maybe I've been doing this wrong all along [laugh]

Correct, eFA10 required, even though you have a C&R, state law requires it for a transfer. If it is from out of state, you fill out the eFA10 to register, if from another MA seller, they fill out the eFA10 as the seller. If they refuse, I suppose you could still fill it out and keep yourself in compliance.

C&R and BB are federal, NOT state documents/requirements.

FA-10 is state and not federal doc/requirement.

Never the twain shall meet!

Bottom line is that one does not fulfil the requirements of the other agency.

Both are REQUIRED and NOT optional!

Back
Top Bottom