C3 or C1 for carry condition.

Keep calm and carry in condition one

Oh and FYI, I normaly carry in condition 0.5??
striker fired gun, chamber loaded, safety off, in a good holster

Last edited:
Red the article and they are quoting that C3 should be 2.0-2.5 sec from draw to fire. Well, the Tueller Drill shows a deadly encounter at 21' takes 1.5 sec to plunge a knife/club you to death. So good luck with the extra second or so.

shlkY.gif

36284d1347227392-fyi-users-taurus-security-key-hoot.jpg

Glock Perfection [smile]

Serious question - why would somebody not trust a holster? Faulty holster? The leather or neoprene could contact the trigger?

If you have a piece of shit holster that deforms too much, yeah, it could be a consideration. Which is part of the reason I use nothing but kydex now. Not to mention the retention is such that its better than leather, yet when it comes down to it, you can draw a lot faster.

-Mike

S&W 642 Airweight or a Glock, depending on clothing choice. Draw, pull trigger, pew-pew-pew. No safety crap to deal with except the grey lump between my ears.

If you have a piece of shit holster that deforms too much, yeah, it could be a consideration. Which is part of the reason I use nothing but kydex now. Not to mention the retention is such that its better than leather, yet when it comes down to it, you can draw a lot faster.

-Mike

Just getting ready to pull the trigger on my first kydex holster. thus far i've picked leather for every IWB/OWB/Ankle carry holster I own. Reason being is that I've always tried holstering/unholstering the firearm with the holster in my hand and never liked the feel of kydex(always felt like the retention was a little TOO tight). i'm hoping there's a difference in actually wearing the holster on my belt that actually makes the retention seem less restrictive.

i've always had speed holsters, so no thumb breaks except for my galco ankle glove for my PM9...so more retention confidence and no use from wear like leather is susceptible to seems like a win/win...just hoping it matches close in comfort as well, because i'm of a light/medium build...not a lot of fat/meat on my hips or anything, so it can make for just about anything being uncomfortable to carry.

Just getting ready to pull the trigger on my first kydex holster. thus far i've picked leather for every IWB/OWB/Ankle carry holster I own. Reason being is that I've always tried holstering/unholstering the firearm with the holster in my hand and never liked the feel of kydex(always felt like the retention was a little TOO tight). .

Have you used something that actually has an adjustment on it? If there's no screw for the tension of course it's gonna be too tight. Those 30 dollar fobus jobs are always slow as ass, because they just set up the holster for the lowest common denominator.

-Mike

Have you used something that actually has an adjustment on it? If there's no screw for the tension of course it's gonna be too tight. Those 30 dollar fobus jobs are always slow as ass, because they just set up the holster for the lowest common denominator.

-Mike

The only Kydex holsters I ever use. Have OWB & IWB for each carry gun. Never leave home without it. :)

http://www.comp-tac.com/

I believe that Supermoto pins his.

I did at one point, but eventually all the pins broke and sometimes that jams up the gun, so now I just cut the GS arm off.. But with my grip, sometimes I break the GS or mainspring housing if they are plastic, so I JB weld some of them in the up position

I carry condition -1, finger on trigger, slack taken up.

Last edited:
I did at one point, but eventually all the pins broke and sometimes that jams up the gun, so now I just cut the GS arm off.. But with my grip, sometimes I break the GS or mainspring housing if they are plastic, so I JB weld some of them in the up position

I carry condition -1, finger on trigger, slack taken up.

Have you thought about one of these
8922d99f598f7673560a84a1a4b519ba.jpg

But did you cut off the trigger guard, like Lone Wolf Gonzales?

Or like that guy we had on here trying to tell people that pulling the trigger with their middle finger was the best idea ever? [rofl]

-Mike

When i carry a 1911, ,it's cock and locked, I know there are still a trigger and grip safety protect me from discharging it. P938 could go wrong if the safety gets messed up by something.

The trigger would have to be pulled for an ND to happen and a good holster would eliminate that from happening. You should always be checking the safety anyway just to be sure it's engaged properly. It might be time to consider a striker fired weapon if you're not comfortable carrying in C1.

The 938 can be carried with a round in the chamber, hammer in the half cock position and the safety on if it makes you feel more secure. It does require 2 movements however to bring the gun to a ready to fire state. Guess that's why I prefer the glock42 for pocket carry.

The 938 can be carried with a round in the chamber, hammer in the half cock position and the safety on if it makes you feel more secure. It does require 2 movements however to bring the gun to a ready to fire state. Guess that's why I prefer the glock42 for pocket carry.
Don't carry a 1911 at half cock. The half cock notch is a safety element. It is there so that if the hammer notch fails or the sear points jump the hammer notch, then the sear points will stop in the half cock notch, preventing the hammer from hitting the firing pin. If you are carrying on the half cock notch and the sear points jump the half cock notch, then you are shit out of luck.

Don't go looking for some "clever" wall hack for carrying a 1911. If you don't want to carry a 1911 condition 1, then get a different gun for goodness sakes. In whatever size and caliber you desire, there are many different alternatives, from revolver, to striker-fired, to DA/SA.

Last edited:
This is what I think of when I hear all of this "condition" talk ... 1, 2, 3, 0

Why is everything so damned complicated? Here you go: Glock 19, loaded. Call it condition "G".

Last edited by a moderator:

This is even dumber (and possibly even slower!) than carrying without a round in the pipe.

-Mike

This is even dumber (and possibly even slower!) than carrying without a round in the pipe.

-Mike
I think it's pretty funny gun owners worried about shooting them selfs while carrying.
How many people have been carrying glocks since they came out? How many shot them selfs .

Last edited:
I can see why empty chambers are demanded upon secure military bases where an attack is generally met at the gates of the facility (not for the gatekeepers tho). For me however in my day to day life it does not make as much sense, I dont spend any time on restricted access properties secured by armed gaurds.

Back
Top Bottom