• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CA cop shoots man in wheelchair

BillB

Banned
A man in a wheelchair surrounded by cops was shot in CA....the cops first said that he got out of his wheelchair so they shot him....then a video surfaced showing he was shot sitting on the chair!

Reminds me of the Worcester man from a MA DUI roadblock who died from "blunt trauma to the head" & a "crushed chest"....while the cops said they didn't do anything to him on the way to the police station.

I watched the video. Apparently he was homeless and was going up and down the street slashing tires with a knife and when officers tried to stop him he went to throw the knife at one of the officers. They first shot him with a beanbag and then once in the leg I think I heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiTf2C6hnvs

I heard he stabbed a cop in the chest first, then through the knife at the cops that surrounded him (or dropped it when ordered to)....then one cop shot him in the "groin"....some are reporting he shot him in 'the package'.
It's strange that 5-7 cops can't handle someone in a wheelchair....even after he through his weapon away?

Have you seen how quick someone can cover ground in a wheelchair? We know that 21 feet is a fair tactical shooting range for a footed aggressor, even one that is not amped up on some type of illicit pharmaceutical.

But where do we stand when faced with wheelchair bound criminal elements and or aggression?

You've got to adapt a different mindset and distance. I think that 2 feet at the minimum is fair shooting/engagement range. I came up with this number using the following distance equation:

wheelchair shooting formula said:
21 feet x 4 wheels is the base for 84 feet.
84 feet / 2* = 42 feet
42 feet / 42 inches (average wheelchair length) = 1
1 aggressor + 1 shooter = 2 people.
# of people / # of shooters = 2/1 = 2

2 feet.

There are other criterion that fall into consideration such as if the terrain is level, air pressured vs foam filled tires, suspension of the seat, manual vs. electric wheelchair, the ability of the driver to do wheelies, if you are standing above them using a stairwell as your cover/concealment, and lastly their ability to uppercut you with the attached foot/leg holders.

Yuk it up but a person in a wheelchair and easily assault you and move a simple shove into a vehicular assault and or homicide.

Case in point:
wheeled_chariot_of_death.jpg

If there was a spike or pike on the end of that wheel hub he would slice through you like a toothpick parting the sweet cream of a twinkie.

Wheeled banditos get the wheelgun in my book.

*denotes wheelie mode

Last edited:
If you look at the video, it looks like he through the knife away, then raised both hands in the air (the cops do nothing)....then he was shot.

The thing that gets me (if true), was that the cops first reported that the man (who is said to probably be mentally ill) got out of the chair and lunged at them, then he was shot....then the video they didn't know about was made public.

Last edited:
Now now folks calm down and stop the cop hating before TheWookie comes in here and starts touting about how anyone and everyone should obey or be killed by police [wink]. Besides we're all a bunch of cop hating douchebags [rofl][rofl]

All you police haters who carry to keep you and yours safe from the scum that are among us, hey BillB the crusader, tell that to the Woburn police officers family.

All you police haters who carry to keep you and yours safe from the scum that are among us, hey BillB the crusader, tell that to the Woburn police officers family.

I've read this comment 3 times now and still can't figure out what your trying to say.

Last edited:
Is there a non-Youtube version of this video, or a news story? I'm behind a firewall right now.

If someone stabbed me then I would shoot them too, but then again I'm not a police officer [laugh]

Do you remember the gunrunner Raul who lived at the top of the hill in one of the properties we used to work? He rode around in a wheelchair, but could spring up and run, fight or shoot from it. He did one shooting with a gun in each hand, like a cowboy. [laugh]

Is there a non-Youtube version of this video, or a news story? I'm behind a firewall right now.

Do you remember the gunrunner Raul who lived at the top of the hill in one of the properties we used to work? He rode around in a wheelchair, but could spring up and run, fight or shoot from it. He did one shooting with a gun in each hand, like a cowboy. [laugh]

I remember him, but luckily I only saw him once from a distance. S.C. warned me about him right away. I never heard about his cowboy moves though [rofl]

I remember him, but luckily I only saw him once from a distance. S.C. warned me about him right away. I never heard about his cowboy moves though [rofl]

He sat on a pistol or two in the chair whenever he had crack or guns for sale. The first time he got shot he was outnumbered, two guns must be the ghetto answer to two attackers.

Bear Arms you don't have to figure out what I'm trying to say.

It's the classic: When it's anyone else, it's okay, but if a cop screws up and you highlight or question it, then you're a cop basher...Even though most of us are anything but....Scarinjo may be Boston PD, but either he needs a thicker skin, or perhaps a peek over the blue wall from time to time...One can attack the action without attacking the profession, but apparently not when it's PD...

Back
Top Bottom