CA - Store Clerk Shoots, Kills Man In Attempted Robbery

A liquor store robbery ended in the fatal shooting of a suspect and another one the loose, according to authorities.

Modesto police spokesman Scott Nelson said two armed men wearing masks attempted to rob the Super Liquor store at 1600 Tully Road, around 10:40 p.m. Friday night.

During the attempt, a store clerk pulled out a gun to defend the business and shot one of the men. Nelson said the unidenfied man was transported to a local hospital where he died from his wounds.

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=77679&catid=2.

Thanks for noticing (and a thank you to kiver, also). I have several different sources for these stories (and probably too much time on my hands [laugh]). I try to post "good guy wins" stories. Stories that portray legal gun owners in a positive light. Stories of legal gun owners defending their lives, and the lives of others, against criminals and thugs, instead of the negative stories that the media sensationalizes.

I think he should get his own sub forum so these could be easily browsable. Or tag them with something very specific.

Dead man identified, second suspect (17 y/o) apprehended and facing murder charge...

20-year-old Modesto resident Kyle Johnson was shot and wounded inside the store. Johnson was taken to a hospital, where he later was pronounced dead.

A second suspect, a 17-year-old male whose name is not being released because he is a juvenile, fled the scene but was caught by police Saturday afternoon.

The 17-year-old was booked at Stanislaus County Juvenile Hall on charges of homicide and attempted robbery.

Nelson said under the state's felony murder rule, suspects involved in certain felonies such as robbery can be charged with murder if a homicide occurs during the course of the crime, regardless of whether they were responsible for the death.

www.modbee.com/2010/03/20/1096369/liquor-store-clerk-shoots-kills.html#ixzz0inFI0Ouz.

Back
Top Bottom