Cabelas ammo deal.

I went to Cabelas today looking for a deal on .45, I had bought a couple of boxes of Herters a few months ago for $16 a box. The salesman told me that it was always going to be that price so I only bought 2 boxes of 50. 2 weeks later I went back to buy a case and guess what... $21.99 a box WTF! So I saw the salesman today and told him jokingly that I was pissed at him for lying to me. So he says "you want $16 ammo" I reply of course! So he said Cabelas catalog deal on federal champion was $16 a box and that he would honor it for me in store. So if anyone needs .45 bitch about the price of Herters and they should give you the deal.
Also picked up Military brown box 00 buck for $3.99 box of 5 on sale.
Just wanted to pass on my savings.

Last edited:
CT. Whoops, no. I didn't mean they didn't have the ammo, they just raised the price of it. When I first bought it I asked if this was going to be the regular price and Luke said it would be. So I only bought 2 boxes. I busted his chops today and he felt bad about it so he offered me the Federal champ .45ACP for $16 a box. What I was saying is that if you went in and made the same argument he would probably give you the same deal.

So the guy feels bad he mislead you about the price (telling you what he knew to be true at the time), and offers YOU a deal.

You go online and suggest everyone go bug the guy for the same price.

Nice.

I hope he doesn't get axed over the potential uproar.

So the guy feels bad he mislead you about the price (telling you what he knew to be true at the time), and offers YOU a deal.

You go online and suggest everyone go bug the guy for the same price.

Nice.

I hope he doesn't get axed over the potential uproar.

Not quite, He didn't offer me a deal per se'. All he said was that if I wanted $16 ammo that they were obligated to honor the catalog price, but it needs to be approved. I'm not trying to get anyone fired, I was merely trying to pass on my savings.

Last edited:
I mean the guy genuinely did feel bad, he also shoots 1911's and buys tons of ammo through them, especially when it goes on sale. He told me about the catalog deal knowing I probably didn't know about it. Anyone with a current catalog could walk in and get the same deal. I removed his name from the OP to avoid any issues, I like the guy, he's always very helpful and I'd hate to see him get fired.

Always check the Cabela's website pricing before you go there. The online price for ammo can be lower than the store price

You can do this two ways.... (1) print out the page from the internet for what you want and take it to the store. OR (2) check the online price at the in-store kiosks (green metal, several in each store), and you can print the page from the kiosk and take it to the register. I have done this many times, and they always honor the price. You show the cashier the page with the lower price, they fill out a little yellow paper at the register and check off "internet price match" and you get it for that price. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Always check the Cabela's website pricing before you go there. The online price for ammo can be lower than the store price

You can do this two ways.... (1) print out the page from the internet for what you want and take it to the store. OR (2) check the online price at the in-store kiosks (green metal, several in each store), and you can print the page from the kiosk and take it to the register. I have done this many times, and they always honor the price. You show the cashier the page with the lower price, they fill out a little yellow paper at the register and check off "internet price match" and you get it for that price. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Not if it's a "Bargain Cave" price on the website, however.
They won't honor it in-store. In that case you need to order online, but can have it shipped to the store for free.

Back
Top Bottom