• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cabela's Black Friday deals

Biff Quizler

NES Member
I have no connection to them but swung by one today and picked up flyer (and their customer service/return policy did me a solid). Thought people may be interested in a few highlights (wish I had $$ to purchase so I'll have to live vicariously through those of you that do!)

Before anyone blows an aneurysm, I was going to post in the Deals/Steals thread but the most recent page had more comments about thermostat settings than any deals......

Anyhoooo here's what caught my eye... besides the tons of non MA eye candy....
Vortex Venom 6 MOA RDS - $150
Bushnell 1500 rangefinder $100
Biometric safe $70
Leupold 10x42 binos $130

Anyone ever get up and do the door giftcard giveaway at 5am
Was thinking about it, But went back to sleep after careful consideration for all of 2 seconds

I was heading up 495 about 7:00 this morning. There were backups for miles & miles both ways to go to Wrentham Outlets. They had cones blocking off the right lane on the highway for cars to line up. I can't imagine anything there worth going thru that for.
You're starving, and there's food at the end. That's about it. And, if the guy in front of me was tasty-looking, I might just make....other dinner plans, 'cuz I hate waiting in line. [laugh]

I was heading up 495 about 7:00 this morning. There were backups for miles & miles both ways to go to Wrentham Outlets. They had cones blocking off the right lane on the highway for cars to line up. I can't imagine anything there worth going thru that for.
Maybe it's me but i don't like people, so I'll pay a little more and go monday

Last edited:

Yeah, traffic has been backed up into Wrentham center in years past - that's about three miles from the outlets. Now they have the side streets closed so it's not as bad but still a major pain getting around town. I used to live on 1A and traffic would back up and it was a pain getting in and out of the driveway although the last two years it didn't make it as far as my house for very long. They also don't allow the 10PM Thanksgiving day BS anymore, the outlets open at 10 on Black Friday. Can't for the life of me imagine why people put themselves through that. I know people who used to do it because of family tradition, fun factor, etc. but even they have given up in recent years.

My ex lives 2.6 miles from me directly into the teeth of outlet traffic so when I pick up/drop off my girls I need to go the long way around through Franklin, which is about 8 miles and takes 20 mins. Getting back out onto the main road from her street sucks. This year I had the girls yesterday through tomorrow morning so not an issue.

Just got home from cabelas in Hudson MA. Had no intentions of purchasing any guns today but.....inside the gun library I found an old model browning a5 magnum for $149. Lots of external rust but the bore and internals all look ok and move freely. I said hell I'll pick it up and see what I can do to clean it up. Might even try my hand at re bluing. It'll be a fun project. And you know....if the cleanup project doesn't look good who cares. I'll still have a functioning a5 for $149.

That Charles Daly semi auto in 20ga was very appealing. Want to get it for the wife for her birthday.
Almost everyone in the line at the gun counter was asking about the Charles Daly shotguns that were on sale. They were already sold out when I was there at noon on Friday lol.

The rusty a5 magnum I picked up.....cycles perfectly. I ran some high brass game loads through it and even some light target loads......the rumor on the old a5 magnums is they don't cycle light target loads but this one went through a 25 round box without choking. I found its missing 3 of the pieces to the friction ring/piece setup. The gun comes with 5 pieces......for 2 3/4 loads you use 2 of the pieces and for 3 inch loads u use all 5. I have the pieces for 2 3/4 setup and she runs good.....just ordered a set of rings and a new spring from Midwest gunworks and will test with some 3 inch buckshot and turkey loads when those come in. So fsr for $149 its worth the purchase.

Had intentions of looking at the Savage axis 2 in .350 legend at $299 for PA hunting near my son. Then I thought going there the gun counter would be a waste of time. I don't have 4 hours to buy a gun, the process is retarded. They are always understaffed, So I stayed home and bought some stuff online.

I bought a bunch of stuff that i like at some good discounts..

Under Armour Work Enduro pants - the lightest toughest pant I've found...for 50 bucks reg 75. Ive been using them from going to work, to bird hunting to bowhunting. They aren't warm but they are fricking light and well made.

Pinnacle Goretex Gloves - 50 bucks usually 99 bucks. Love these gloves. Warm and dry.

Some other small stuff that was on sale.....in general I don't buy much from Cabelas.

Midway, and XOP have much better deals on stands, cameras and stuff like that I buy for bowhunting.

Maybe it's me but i don't like people, so I'll pay a little more and go monday
Nope, not just you. The thing I like best about people are their dogs. And I lack the patience to stand in line and get aggravated just to buy shit I don’t really need with money I don’t really have.

Back
Top Bottom