Cabelas in Hudson has ammo

Stopped at cabelas in Hudson around 10 am yesterday. Picked up small rifle magnum, some federal LRP gm210 for a friend, winchester9mm, sig 10mmHP and the last box of 50AE for the dessert eagle I will hopefully have one day! Did a trade for the LRP outside with another customer buying ammo. My commute fortunately/unfortunately takes me by the exit. Prices were reasonable.

Bass Pro is moving away from selling hand gun calibers, according to a salesman there I talked to months ago. I feel like Cabelas will still go strong with the ammo and reloading supplies everyone and their mother are just buying it all out as soon as they put their inventory on the shelves.

WHO told you this?

WHO told you this?
lxviyg2us3sz.jpg

Stopped at cabelas in Hudson around 10 am yesterday. Picked up small rifle magnum, some federal LRP gm210 for a friend, winchester9mm, sig 10mmHP and the last box of 50AE for the dessert eagle I will hopefully have one day! Did a trade for the LRP outside with another customer buying ammo. My commute fortunately/unfortunately takes me by the exit. Prices were reasonable.
Nice score!
WHO told you this?
Cannot recall his name but really nice guy.
lxviyg2us3sz.jpg
Lol, no he had his wits about him.

Lol, no he had his wits about him.
Back in the day, when a submarine left on a war patrol,
canned food was layered in the corridor.

If BassPro/Cabelas abandons the ammo market,
when supplies recover FS and SO are gonna have us
walking on ammo crates to get in the front door.

Bass Pro is moving away from selling hand gun calibers, according to a salesman there I talked to months ago. I feel like Cabelas will still go strong with the ammo and reloading supplies everyone and their mother are just buying it all out as soon as they put their inventory on the shelves.

wait really, so they are pulling a dicks lite...and aren't cabelas and Bps basically the same thing now.

exactly.. no way Cabelas still stocks handgun ammo and BPS does not..

I will ask the GM tomorrow and get the scoop..

I am conflicted on this, a part of me is like no way.....there is no way that either will stop selling handguns or handgun ammo....and I can't see them stopping to sell one and not the other.

But the other part in the new woke world we live in could totally see both of them dropping handguns and just focusing on hunting gear (rifles, pistols, etc)

So is it better to be at either Bass Pro or Cabelas when they open on a Saturday or Sunday? What has been the better option to find ammo? Just need to find out when they open..... ;-)

I am conflicted on this, a part of me is like no way.....there is no way that either will stop selling handguns or handgun ammo....and I can't see them stopping to sell one and not the other.

But the other part in the new woke world we live in could totally see both of them dropping handguns and just focusing on hunting gear (rifles, pistols, etc)
yeah.. I know Johnny Morris is a big NRA guy.. I don't see it happening on his watch.

So is it better to be at either Bass Pro or Cabelas when they open on a Saturday or Sunday? What has been the better option to find ammo? Just need to find out when they open..... ;-)
LOL.. it really depends.. As I've said in other threads.. trucks come in at BPS Foxboro around 11AM on every 3rd day or so, but very variable.. sometimes 2 days sometimes 5.. we know maybe a week ahead of time what days the truck is expected. Takes about 2-3 hrs for the guys to unload the truck.. Ammo then gets put on a cart and waits to get put on the shelf. Could be put out later that day, or the next morning.. depending on staff and how busy they are. There's usually a line of about 5-10 guys waiting to come in and do the power walk to the ammo section when we open at 9am.

yeah.. I know Johnny Morris is a big NRA guy.. I don't see it happening on his watch.

LOL.. it really depends.. As I've said in other threads.. trucks come in at BPS Foxboro around 11AM on every 3rd day or so, but very variable.. sometimes 2 days sometimes 5.. we know maybe a week ahead of time what days the truck is expected. Takes about 2-3 hrs for the guys to unload the truck.. Ammo then gets put on a cart and waits to get put on the shelf. Could be put out later that day, or the next morning.. depending on staff and how busy they are. There's usually a line of about 5-10 guys waiting to come in and do the power walk to the ammo section when we open at 9am.

Thanks. The wife is away this weekend so I may trying one of those opening bell power walks this weekend! Now I have to decide which store. I'm equal distance from both of them.

If that happens, I'd be happy to sell you some of what I picked up. All I can do at the moment is look at them when I open the safe. Lol
Thanks brother but I would rather not deplete your supply, especially due to the fact that the next time I'll take the Deagle out with the 50 AE barrel will most likely be late Spring/early Summer so I'm going to wait it out a little longer.

Was at Cabelas today looking for 12 ga wads. They didn't have any but I got a box of plated 158 grain .38s. The Gun Library is completely empty.

You need to talk to the guys in the back with the bulk ammo and use the secret double password.

What a Fin joke and a bunch of slime balls.
WTF is the difference between "Field" and "Target" ammo?? 5 box limit on "Field". A box of 45 ACP is NOT target ammo according to the joker at the counter and his manager. Unless your a Club member.

Hey did you talk to the guys in the back with the bulk boxes? That's the way you do it, money there for nuthin and your MTV. What guys? I got the one idiot near the no-more-guns-left counter and the dweeb behind the bino optics counter stacking cartridge boxes like it's gold bullion...you want what?!

Back
Top Bottom