Cabela's opening a store in Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidC77

NES Life Member
NES Member
Cabela's will be opening a store in Berlin, Ma.

Here's the Press Release from Cabela's:

Cabela's® Announces Plans for Berlin, Mass., Store
Doors expected to open spring 2015; location, 88,000-square-feet, to serve greater Boston area

SIDNEY, Neb. (June 5, 2013) – Cabela's Incorporated (NYSE:CAB), the World's Foremost Outfitter® of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, announced today plans to bring the extraordinary Cabela's retail experience to customers in Berlin, Mass., and the greater Boston area.

Construction on the 88,000-square-foot store – Cabela's first Massachusetts location – is expected to begin in the spring of 2014. Cabela's anticipates a spring 2015 opening.

The store, which will employ about 200 full-time, part-time and seasonal employees, will be located in the southeast quadrant of Interstate 495 and Central Street in the Highland Commons Shopping Center, being developed by Benderson Development and SullivanHayes Companies. Highland Commons already is the home of BJ's Wholesale Club, Lowe's Home Improvement and Market Basket.

"Our many loyal customers across Massachusetts have supported Cabela's for many years through our catalogs, website and other retail locations," said Tommy Millner, Cabela's Chief Executive Officer. "Now those outdoorsmen and women will have a store to call their own. For that, we are incredibly excited."

The exterior will reflect Cabela's popular store model with log construction, stonework, wood siding and metal roofing. A large glass storefront will allow customers to view much of the store's interior as they approach the building.

The inside will feature the company's next-generation layout, designed to surround customers in an outdoor experience, including dynamic wildlife displays and a large mountain replica. In addition to thousands of quality outdoor products, the store will feature an indoor archery range, Gun Library, Bargain Cave and Fudge Shop.

Cabela's stores showcase thousands of products, including hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating and wildlife-watching gear, as well as clothing and outdoor-themed gifts and furnishings. The company is famous for its strong brand and world-renowned reputation for delivering quality merchandise, value and legendary customer service.

Currently, Cabela's operates 44 stores across North America with plans to open an additional 16 over the next two years. Also today, the company announced plans to open stores in Lubbock, Texas; and Cheektowaga, N.Y.

Gezzzzz, try and do something nice and get jumped on for dupe.

[wink] [smile] [wink]

I had looked through something like 10 pages and didn't see it, yes I should have done the search 1st, but I didn't.

At least I posted the actual announcement from Cabela's in the 1st post, not on page 17 after reading junk posts.

I went through that other post quick, I don't think the OPer ever showed prove, or the announcement from Cabela's.

Sorry, I guess I'm not as perfect as you that just wanted to clog this thread up that I duped something.

PS: Yup just went through it, the OPer never gave prove, I'm not dumping on him/her, others found a photo and than someone found the post that I copied from the Cabela's website.

So now we have nine posts of junk that folks have to read through before anything else good that might help them.

Why clog up a thread with junk, saying "Oh this is a dupe", don't you have something better to do.

PS 2: I didn't hear about it till tonight's news, so as we all know until you hear it on the news it isn't true [wink] [smile], we all know that the News People never lie to us [smile] [smile] [smile]

Last edited:
went to lowes this on monday and saw the sign. very excited!!! now i can go to bj's and buy my meats for the grill, stop at cabela's to grab ammo and gear, then stop by lowes to grab those items i keep forgeting. they just opened a market basket up there too. i heard some steak house is moving in too

Yup just found that, sorry.

It wasn't confirmed till like page 18 though, mines the 1st post [wink]

if only vbulletin's search worked as well as google...

In general vB search sucks, but if one uses Advanced Search and sets "Cabela's" to search for it in the "title" only, no need to scan thru 10-20 pages to see if it is a dupe. That works well even with vB.

------------

On topic, 88Ksq ft sounds to me like a small store. Pretty sure that the Scarborough ME store (only Cabela's I've been in) is a lot bigger. I guess if you consider how few guns will be legal for them to sell, they could afford to make the store 1/2 size of those in Free America. [thinking]

I remember being told that the BP in Foxboro was built considerably smaller than most of their other stores. I know that many towns have bylaws that limit size of businesses (mostly by %-age of lot size that it can occupy).

Gun library.....don't tell any of the M******* politicians as it will be regulated or banned.

In general vB search sucks, but if one uses Advanced Search and sets "Cabela's" to search for it in the "title" only, no need to scan thru 10-20 pages to see if it is a dupe. That works well even with vB.

------------

On topic, 88Ksq ft sounds to me like a small store. Pretty sure that the Scarborough ME store (only Cabela's I've been in) is a lot bigger. I guess if you consider how few guns will be legal for them to sell, they could afford to make the store 1/2 size of those in Free America. [thinking]

I remember being told that the BP in Foxboro was built considerably smaller than most of their other stores. I know that many towns have bylaws that limit size of businesses (mostly by %-age of lot size that it can occupy).

Hey Len,

If you really want to see something amazing, you should take a trip to the Hamburg,PA store. Besides all the items in it for sale, you could just spend hours looking around and some of their exhibits in that place. It's almost like going to Disney, were you need more than just one day to do so!

Charles.

88,000 square feet is really small

The Cabela's in Michigan that I go to every summer, is 225,000 square feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom