Cabela's ruling a warning shot against gun rights

Big gun shops are f'ed. Guys with no overhead and no assets will be legally selling ammo out of vans parked down by the river. The demand is there the market will not be denied.

The suit by the victim’s family contends that Cabela’s – a defendant along with Klocek and the Elma couple – “knew or should have known its failure to use reasonable care” in selling the ammunition to someone like Klocek would result in serious injury or death.

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

the guy is 19, he could be 2 years gunning down brown people in another part of the world, but in his own country he is suddenly not capable to buy ammo, only in two years some magic switch with flip ... what a f***ing joke. I wander how these lawyers could keep a straight face pushing this bullshit.

And nearly 150 CEOs of companies ranging from Dick’s and Airbnb to Levi Straus and Royal Caribbean Cruises signed a letter last year asking the Republican-led U.S. Senate for stronger gun control laws, including universal background checks and red flag laws to keep guns away from people with emotional problems.

I bet every single one of the cocksuckers have armed security up to yin yang for 'selves.

So I kill someone in a DUI and family sues the last gas station I used. Gotcha.

No, but if a liquor store, restaurant, or bar (remember those) sold booze to a minor or someone visibly intoxicated, and that person kills someone while DUI, the family could see the booze seller. Such Dram Shop laws date back to the 19th century.

That said, I think Cabela's has a very good case. The New York law reads as follows.
"It shall be unlawful for any dealer in firearms to sell any ammunition designed exclusively for use in a pistol or revolver to any person, not authorized to possess a pistol or revolver." Since .45ACP has been used in long guns for at least a century, it's really hard to claim that modern .45 ACP ammo is designed exclusively for handguns.

"It shall be unlawful for any dealer in firearms to sell any ammunition designed exclusively for use in a pistol or revolver to any person, not authorized to possess a pistol or revolver." Since .45ACP has been used in long guns for at least a century, it's really hard to claim that modern .45 ACP ammo is designed exclusively for handguns.
Note also that the law does not require the seller to inquire as to the buyer's intended use.

Last edited:
This reminds me of a suit in NH a decade or two ago. A woman gave a grandkid/nephew/kin of some sort a loan or gift with knowledge he would buy a car with it.

She prevailed after something like $145k in legal fees, but was sued on the basis of "but for the loan, he would not have been driving a car and cause the accident that hurt the plaintiff and she knew or should have known he was a bad driver."

I hope Cabelas fights this all the way and doesn't settle like a p*ssy.

They will win and crush this b*tch.

That article’s author has been in NY too long. He actually thinks that if they pass “sensible” gun control legislation, that they won’t be back to pass harsher stuff. Given his age, he sure looks like he’s been one of the NRA bitches who has been voluntarily “compromising” and selling away our rights for decades.

Whew. Thank goodness the CEO of AirBNB signed on to that letter. LOL. It's like celebrities. Tell me why YOU should have a more important opinion, moron????

This'll cost some $ but get kicked in federal court. If the plaintiffs aren't careful it'll get VERY kicked. Sometimes it's better not to beat the hornet's nest.

Back
Top Bottom