• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cabelas Scarborough ammo report...

Went to Cabelas in ME yesterday. The whole section for defensive pistol ammo was SOLD OUT apart from weird stuff like .32 Special or whatever. The guy said it sold out REALLY quick after they stocked the shelves. A month ago they had everything and you would not have known people were scrambling for this stuff.

went to cabela's yesterday to pick up some rifle ammo I had ordered...they had NO handgun target ammo, the shelf that it is usually (and empty the last time I went) was now home to somehong else so people won't see an empty shelf, there was more self defense ammo there this time around

speaking of Cabela's

Cabela's in Hamburg, PA had very low stock levels on .223 and 5.56, plenty of hunting rifle, but nearly nada for pistol. no WWB for .40 or 9mm, mebbe 10 boxes of off brand target loads....was hoping to score a few rounds but they had zip and the clerk admitted that it's like this at all Cab's.

hope this passes soon....

save yourself the trip to Pa or West Virgina!

Was in Hamburg Pa this am
thought i'd check out the situation- the Shelves are BARE!!
they had mebbe a dozen bulk boxes of Rem-reman .223 and same # of 308..zip for pistol, except for a few personal protection rounds..

s0- having shot craps in PA, thought I'd mosey down down to West Virginia (ya, i travel a bit)- and check Cab's out there- THey're in even worse shape!
they had absoolutely nuttin!, zip, zilch nada.....ditto the wally world across the street. The nice lady in the dept said they got a few cases of 9mm in yesterday- placed them on the shelves after closing- and they were gone in an hour come morning.....apparently they're not getting any notice what;/when...it's as much a surprise to them as it is to us[laugh2]

I'm really tired of not finding ammo...at least the 'season hasn't failed me yet....

Off to search the shops of Ohio/Kentucky- Anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Cabela's in Scarborough ME had a quite of bit of ammo of various calibers in stock today with a 3 box limit (per caliber). It seemed to be moving quickly even in the short period of time I was there this morning.

-MS

Cabelas in Scarborough, ME had some .40 S&W, .45 automatic, and .38 spl today. They also had .357 in Cowboy loads but it was quite expensive. Didn't see any 9mm.

-MS

I was there on Saturday afternoon Aug 1 and they had Blazer 9mm, probably 40 boxes on the shelf.

$11.99

KTP had TONS of .40

So what did we learn here.... our fellow shooters are fking us. Someone is buying all the ammo and hoarding it. In less than 24 hours.

oh they had tens of thousnads of 7.62x39 rounds too

Cabela's had a good selection of ammo (pistol and rifle) as of 14 Nov, even .357 mag. There were running some specials on 223.

-MS

as of 2/20 they had tons of ammo! Every caliber in target, defensive etc. 9mm was oozing off the rack at $13.99/box for sellier & belloit 50rnd
even .40 was only $14.99 a box!

i was there last night they had tons of ammo...minus .45 ACP which they only had a few boxes...they had a lots and lots of .380. I also parked next to a black WRX with a GOAL sticker and an NRA sticker on the back window, had mass plates, just wondering if you're a member here.

I don't know about you guys in the NE but I just got back from Cabela's here in WA and picked up Tula 55gr .223 for $4/ 20 rd box. That's $100 per 500 or $200 per 1k case....they are a few thousand rounds short now [smile]

Back
Top Bottom