Cabela's won't ship ammo to the store ?

I need shotgun shells for skeet and I'm partial to 1oz #9 loads. Cabela's has them for $55/flat but of course none are in stock at the MA store. Luckily they offer free shipping to the store! Unless you're in MA that is. I went back and forth with their chat bot about how it makes no sense for them to refuse to ship a product that they already sell from their warehouse to their store for me to pickup but then I decided running a bot in circles isn't a productive use of my time.

I'm going to have to put in a large order an an online retailer who's name I'm not going to put here for you to read you f***tard Healey and sink $1k into shells so I don't have to deal with this nonsense for another year.

I wish TSU would carry skeet shells, I'd order from them in a heartbeat....

</rant>

Bass Pro won't even ship ammo to NH store if you have a Ma. address on your credit card! But if you have gift cards to pay with, and have shipped to NH store, no Ma. address, haven't tried that but it might just work.

It's my understanding that when it's an individual order it doesn't ship to the store via the regular carrier so that's where the problem lies. It has been discussed on here before and I agree it's absurd that they won't do it.

Same logic goes where store will sell me 10 magpul 7.62 mags at store but won't ship the five round mags for in store pick up. Yet I bought the rifle on line from them and they shipped to Berlin store for Pick up. Just did the paper work at store. Don't try to make sense of it.

why waste time with a "chat bot" probably a 17 year old boy in Bangalore India who is reading you rules off a card.

at the Berlin Cabelas the female manager who oversees gun area is very helpful. I would be willing to bet if you spoke with her and indicated exactly what you want ordered she could make it happen.

I went thru this discussion with their corporate legal department back before Cabela's opened in MA, trying to head this nonsense off at the pass, forwarded them sections of law, etc. All to no avail. Not worth the aggravation. As mac1911 stated, have the club order from a distributor and cut out the clowns. That's what many other clubs do.

Not sure if Jay makes an autodrive for it yet, but clearly you would autodrive it if possible.

SL_900_bp.jpg

I actually heard that the Dillon shell press is really finicky. MEC seems to rule the shotshell reloading game. I’m tempted to just get a press and start making shells but with the cost of lead what it is I can’t get the numbers under $5/box. Might be worth it just to not have to chase shells.

At my club all the serious guys who would buy multiple flats of shells reload. The guys that do buy aren’t particular enough to want anything more than whatever happens to be on sale at Walmart or Dicks.

Maybe I’ll stop in and talk to the manager....or do what I said and buy 20 flats from the other place and suck up the truck freight charge

I actually heard that the Dillon shell press is really finicky. MEC seems to rule the shotshell reloading game. I’m tempted to just get a press and start making shells but with the cost of lead what it is I can’t get the numbers under $5/box. Might be worth it just to not have to chase shells.

At my club all the serious guys who would buy multiple flats of shells reload. The guys that do buy aren’t particular enough to want anything more than whatever happens to be on sale at Walmart or Dicks.

Maybe I’ll stop in and talk to the manager....or do what I said and buy 20 flats from the other place and suck up the truck freight charge

Yup, if you're gonna reload in bulk, get a MEC 9000 series progressive press. Those things are the tits. And yes, they make an autodrive for it, but I wouldn't want to use it personally. Too much room to f*** up in reloading.

Pretty sure you can save money via ordering, even after the shipping cost. Also, it's sad how Cabelas is slowly morphing into Bass Pro. The ammo & reloading section is half the size and the section that was once all reloading has been replaced by plastic hunter Fudd do-dads.

Back
Top Bottom