• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cabela's

Sorry I'm not psychic, just telling you what they can do.

I do not remember seeing signs; I was asking if anyone had experience answering yes. I am aware of what their theoretical responses are but I was interested in their actual responses.

i assume you said "No, I'm just happy to see you."

I've been buying up the $50 Cabela's gift cards for $40 deals on Ebay, makes their ammo as cheap as going to Rileys, sometimes cheaper.

Where do you see these on Ebay. that is a super deal. Like 20% off the whole store

Where do you see these on Ebay. that is a super deal. Like 20% off the whole store

The deal has expired, but it's been up twice in the last month. I bought a total of 10 (the limit was 5 per posting). This link might work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=291532593114&view=all&tid=1200296605019

- - - Updated - - -

They were a great deal. Seller pulled the plug 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it will ever run again.

It came back around Aug 7, i bought 5 more. Might come back again.

I do not remember seeing signs; I was asking if anyone had experience answering yes. I am aware of what their theoretical responses are but I was interested in their actual responses.

When I went I remember seeing a sign about declaring firearms that you are bringing in (for service? etc.), but making it clear that it didn't apply to anything concealed that you weren't planning on unholstering.

When I went I remember seeing a sign about declaring firearms that you are bringing in (for service? etc.), but making it clear that it didn't apply to anything concealed that you weren't planning on unholstering.
Went to the Scarborough Maine store a few weeks ago. There was a small table that said to declare firearms. It clearly states that concealed carry permit holders do not need to declare firearms. Not sure if it's the same in Hudson.

Berlin store again today - different guy, asked me if I had firearms to declare. I had two kids, nothing in my hands and my belly bag - of course I don't have firearms to DECLARE, that would be silly.

Some good news. I was told by two Cabela's employees today you can now order ammo and components and have them shipped to the store for pickup. I was told it's best to order as a guest and if there is a problem to call customer service as they are aware of the new policy.

That is a huge development.

Berlin store again today - different guy, asked me if I had firearms to declare. I had two kids, nothing in my hands and my belly bag - of course I don't have firearms to DECLARE, that would be silly.

I had gone a few weeks ago and saw the same thing along with the signs. I was with my sister and she asked me if I had to stop. I calmly told her I was not carrying and we walked away from the barrage of employees when you walk in. I later told her its none of their business if I am LEGALLY armed and explained it to her. Now I just get a chuckle when I go lol

Some good news. I was told by two Cabela's employees today you can now order ammo and components and have them shipped to the store for pickup. I was told it's best to order as a guest and if there is a problem to call customer service as they are aware of the new policy.

Just checked this out, you indeed need to order as a guest, if you login and choose ship to store it still won't let you proceed past the shipping page. However as a guest, it allowed me to get to the enter payment screen after picking berlin ship to store.

Just checked this out, you indeed need to order as a guest, if you login and choose ship to store it still won't let you proceed past the shipping page. However as a guest, it allowed me to get to the enter payment screen after picking berlin ship to store.

+1

Huge development. Now when are those damn Cabela's sales..

YMMV
I Sold a rifle to them...paid me what I paid for it.
For sh** and giggles, I gave them a shot at first purchase of a couple of handguns...we did not close on a deal, but they had the highest price of any of the FFLs I visited..I won't sell Cabelas any handguns anymore though, they ship them out of state immediately.
I also bought a used rifle from them... Happy with the final price.

Last edited:
Last edited:

I just tried to check out as guest and it says "won't ship to your location" - which is the Berlin store.

Maybe it was a glitch and they fixed it?

So I couldn't order it online so I drove there. A lot of stuff is cleaned out, maybe cause they have a "Buy $150 in store, get $25 coupon toward next $100 purchase".

I found some of the $6.75 XM193 - it's in 2 locations, the regular shelf and another shelf near the gun counter. Got a $25 coupon too - you have to ask for it, it's just a paper coupon.

Stopped by there Friday evening. They had reorganized the ammo shelves and quite a few items were missing. Clerk said they appeared to be consolidating their offering, which would suck...

They did have a good selection of powder and reload components.

Stopped by there Friday evening. They had reorganized the ammo shelves and quite a few items were missing. Clerk said they appeared to be consolidating their offering, which would suck...
No question that our Massachusetts Cabela's is still trying to figure out how best to do its firearms-related business in a loony, restricted moonbat state. You would think that a large, successful company like Cabela's would have done a ton of market and legal research before moving here... but apparently not. [thinking]

A week or two back, I had a conversation with a couple of Cabela's employees involved in the firearms part of the business. No, not the barely firearms-literate front line sales staff or checkout people, but I don't want to mention any names. I gave them an earful of my complaints about some of the weirder store policies different from their other stores such as no used handguns (neither onsite nor brought in from other Cabela's stores by request) and all trade-in handguns having to be immediately shipped out of state vs. being resold here, in many cases denying us rare and collectible guns that we might not otherwise be able to buy (just like certain of our "bonded warehouses" are doing to us). We also talked about the limited new handgun offerings and why many popular MA-compliant models aren't being carried.

Bottom line is that a lot of these problems are being dictated to them by corporate and the local people say they have their hands tied. There is a real lack of understanding on the part of corporate about the damage they are doing to the Cabela's name and reputation in their over-the-top quest to stay out of trouble in the Commiewealth of Massachusetts. They urged me and others concerned to write to corporate with our complaints. They said that was the only way that positive change would ever come to the Massachusetts Cabela's store.

I expressed my doubts to them but I am going to write anyway. I'll just have to wait and see if it does any good.

Last edited:
No question that our Massachusetts Cabela's is still trying to figure out how best to do its firearms-related business in a loony, restricted moonbat state. You would think that a large, successful company like Cabela's would have done a ton of market and legal research before moving here... but apparently not. [thinking]

A week or two back, I had a conversation with a couple of Cabela's employees involved in the firearms part of the business. No, not the barely firearms-literate front line sales staff or checkout people, but I don't want to mention any names. I gave them an earful of my complaints about some of the weirder store policies different from their other stores such as no used handguns (neither onsite nor brought in from other Cabela's stores by request) and all trade-in handguns having to be immediately shipped out of state vs. being resold here, in many cases denying us rare and collectible guns that we might not otherwise be able to buy (just like certain of our "bonded warehouses" are doing to us). We also talked about the limited new handgun offerings and why many popular MA-compliant models aren't being carried.

Bottom line is that a lot of these problems are being dictated to them by corporate and the local people say they have their hands tied. There is a real lack of understanding on the part of corporate about the damage they are doing to the Cabela's name and reputation in their over-the-top quest to stay out of trouble in the Commiewealth of Massachusetts. They urged me and others concerned to write to corporate with our complaints. They said that was the only way that positive change would ever come to the Massachusetts Cabela's store.

I expressed my doubts to them but I am going to write anyway. I'll just have to wait and see if it does any good.

I did try to head this off before the store opened by phone discussions with Cabela's chief counsel and the counsel in charge of legal matters (state compliance), sent them suggestions and copies of consent decrees that other mail-order companies got nailed with. They have my phone number and Email address and none of that worked. I don't have the time to revisit this stuff with them and doubt it will help anyway.

Back
Top Bottom