Cabela's

I did try to head this off before the store opened by phone discussions with Cabela's chief counsel and the counsel in charge of legal matters (state compliance), sent them suggestions and copies of consent decrees that other mail-order companies got nailed with. They have my phone number and Email address and none of that worked. I don't have the time to revisit this stuff with them and doubt it will help anyway.
Somehow, in my tiny little mind, I thought Cabela's was going to be different. I really did. I thought they had the knowledge, experience, wherewithal and the will to really do things right (as they have done elsewhere) and make a real difference for us here behind enemy lines in a moonbat state. Now, I am wondering why they bothered to come to Massachusetts at all? [thinking] They are just another Bass Pro... another Dick's. But apparently, that is enough.

I was told this is one of 3 Cabela's stores with similar super-restrictive policies re: handguns. I don't know where the other two are but I'll bet I could guess.

Somehow, in my tiny little mind, I thought Cabela's was going to be different. I really did. I thought they had the knowledge, experience, wherewithal and the will to really do things right (as they have done elsewhere) and make a real difference for us here behind enemy lines in a moonbat state. Now, I am wondering why they bothered to come to Massachusetts at all? [thinking] .

But isn't Cabelas a store that is more than just firearms?

Last edited:
Don't worry, In a couple more weeks it will be Bass Pro.
No great loss (fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it). [thinking]

There are other suitors, some of which want to keep the chain open and even continue expanding it... but if you look at the numbers, there is possibly a lot for an activist investor to gain fast in a selloff of Cabela's various parts and pieces. Typical corporate raider scenario.

Of course, Bass Pro just wants to kill off it's primary competition. No surprise there. [laugh]

Only thing I will miss are Varmint's discounted gift cards. They have served me well. [smile] Thank you again Varmint!!! [wink]

No great loss (fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it). [thinking]

There are other suitors, some of which want to keep the chain open and even continue expanding it... but if you look at the numbers, there is possibly a lot for an activist investor to gain fast in a selloff of Cabela's various parts and pieces. Typical corporate raider scenario.

Of course, Bass Pro just wants to kill off it's primary competition. No surprise there. [laugh]

Only thing I will miss are Varmint's discounted gift cards. They have served me well. [smile] Thank you again Varmint!!! [wink]

No problem, man! I have quite a stockpile of the gift cards. now I'm wondering if they'll get converted to Bass Pro, that would suck.

Ebay started having Bass Pro gift cards on sale as well, but I've never been to the store.

No problem, man! I have quite a stockpile of the gift cards. now I'm wondering if they'll get converted to Bass Pro, that would suck.
I've got a good supply too thanks to your alerts! [grin] And yes, the big question is: What's going to happen if/when Cabela's is sold?

If we time it right, we may be able to use them in conjunction with a "Going Out of Business" sale. [laugh]

Ebay started having Bass Pro gift cards on sale as well, but I've never been to the store.
Hmmm. 15% off. Not too shabby. But do they price match? That's when the really sweet savings kick in! [wink]

Herters was a big sporting goods retailer back in the 70's mainly in the mid-west. I think Cabelas bought the name some time back.

In October we burned through more than three cases of Herter's shotgun ammo.
worked fine and very good price....Bought it in the store on sale.

I have a Herter's recurve bow from the 60's that my father hunted with. They were big back in the day...

Went through a couple hundred rounds today and it worked as expected. I will buy it again for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hester's is just their house brand. Its re-labeled stuff from various manufacturers. It all goes bang.

I picked up a bunch of Australian Outback 69gr .223, it's $10/box right now, and I had some $20 off $150 coupons, which made them super cheap. Thanks EJFudd!

Also $135 for 500 rounds of AE 9mm 115gr with .50 ammo can seems pretty cheap too.

Was there two days ago, they had lots of CCI SV ($10/box), though I think the Norma TAC .22 is a better deal at $65 for 500. Also Norma TAC .223 for $7/box. They had Mini Mags I think, and CCI Quiet, plus the golden bullets and some other brands I didn't recognize.

Used the $20 off $100 coupon and used the full 1200 round limit on .22.

Back
Top Bottom