Cabela's

I made the mistake of making the trip out east to this Cabela's. Really wish you could still buy ammo at the CT store. Much better selection. Staff is better. I spent 25 min in line. Friday afternoon and only 1 register open. Their selection of handguns was pathetic. Nothing of interest and the prices were crazy. I asked about their used guns (Ct store carries them) And got something about MA law wont let them sell used guns.

Who is offering the 8% cash back.

I feel like we've gone over this before. :) It's Ebay's Bucks program - it was only on for 6 hours yesterday so it's expired. They regularly have 8 or 10% cash back deals that last a day or two. The cash is good toward a future Ebay purchase (I usually buy Ebay gift cards with them).

You don't need all that Ebay cash you say? Buy silver or gold, you get the best prices on Ebay (APMEX and a few others) if you use the Bucks program.

I feel like we've gone over this before. :) It's Ebay's Bucks program - it was only on for 6 hours yesterday so it's expired. They regularly have 8 or 10% cash back deals that last a day or two. The cash is good toward a future Ebay purchase (I usually buy Ebay gift cards with them).

You don't need all that Ebay cash you say? Buy silver or gold, you get the best prices on Ebay (APMEX and a few others) if you use the Bucks program.

Sorry sometimes I am just stupid with this stuff sometimes. I never get those offers anymore. I actually called and they said that the recipients are picked at random for the Ebay bucks offers

The Berlin,MA store has a "gun library" --as I recall the used guns in the "gun library" are exclusively long guns.

Their paranoia and stupidity runs so deep that they probably believe that if they exhibited (with a "not for sale" sign on) old handguns that the AG would sue them!! [rolleyes] [thinking]

It's really sad. I was excited about visiting the store. That ended quickly. The ammo prices were similar to what my lgs charges. On a high point. There is a very good new resteraunt right in the same plaza that had awesome food.

Occasionally Berlin will have ammo and/or reloading components on sale with decent prices. Otherwise about the same as a LGS. One thing they have going for them is selection- a bit more variety than I have seen in most LGS's.

Still waiting for the 10/22 I ordered in January. "Well we have in stock in Maine, it'll be here in 2 weeks."

It's really sad. I was excited about visiting the store. That ended quickly. The ammo prices were similar to what my lgs charges. On a high point. There is a very good new resteraunt right in the same plaza that had awesome food.

110? We thought it sucked. Like REALLY sucked. Menu is horrible stuff the munch made could improve upon. They are going in everywhere so apparently somebody like to pay $20 a plate for cafeteria food.

What Cabela's has is big box selection for ammo and components. You can't tell me your LGS stocks the assortment of ammo, bullets, and other reloading supplies. They also have all the hunting supplies you could need.

Like I said, I don't care about the pistol selection bc it's not why I go there.

Wow! I'd be looking for other sellers.

I ended up getting a better model for not much more money and the MA tax I saved by purchasing online was basically the transfer fee cost so it was all a wash. I suspect they make unique SKUs for their really discounted sale items so it'll never come back "in stock" even if it's something as common as a 10/22.

110? We thought it sucked. Like REALLY sucked. Menu is horrible stuff the munch made could improve upon. They are going in everywhere so apparently somebody like to pay $20 a plate for cafeteria food.

What Cabela's has is big box selection for ammo and components. You can't tell me your LGS stocks the assortment of ammo, bullets, and other reloading supplies. They also have all the hunting supplies you could need.

Like I said, I don't care about the pistol selection bc it's not why I go there.

+1 don't care about their firearms, I go in with $25 off $150 coupons, and gift cards from Ebay purchased at 20% off, and buy ammo at ridiculously discounts.

Cabelas was well stocked yesterday. White box fmj pistol ammo on sale. 45 acp $37 for the 100 round box. 5.56 for 37 cents a round in the 20 round boxes. Plenty of 22lr including eley. 9mm blazer aluminum case was $11 a box if you are into the budget ammo.

Yup... places like Cabelas are good for the miscellanous junk, ammo, accessories, etc. but smart people never buy a single gun from them.

-Mike

They've been selling the IMI and PMC .223 for $6.99 for weeks. I just noticed it went up $2 a box today.

Check their feedback. They are a little spotty. Said they ship in 2 days. I still haven't received mine from a couple weeks ago. No communication from the seller for a week. Now escalating claim to request a refund. Its a roll of the dice with this seller.

Check their feedback. They are a little spotty. Said they ship in 2 days. I still haven't received mine from a couple weeks ago. No communication from the seller for a week. Now escalating claim to request a refund. Its a roll of the dice with this seller.

That's weird, I've ordered from them like 15 times and never had an issue.

That's weird, I've ordered from them like 15 times and never had an issue.
Likewise, never a problem. Sometimes, I wish they'd ship a little faster (like when a sale is about to end), but they never fail to arrive within a reasonable window. That 2-day commitment may be something new. We'll have to see how fast these latest cards arrive. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom