Cabela's

I was at the Cabelas in Scarborough ME last weekend. I was surprised at the variety of 22 rimfire they had. Good selection and good quantities. Prices were normal Cabelas however I had a 20% of coupon so I bought some 22, 357 and primers. Usually they have almost nothing in 22 rimfire stock however I only go there a few times a year when I am passing through going to/from the in-laws.

BTW - I stopped at Kittery before Cabelas and the ammo prices at Cabelas were across the board cheaper then Kittery.

Last edited:
Stopped by the Hartford store on my way home from CT and was surprised at the amount of 22 they had. Tons of Fed 325 value packs which I've never seen before(plated 36 gr HP $20), fed automatch ($21), CCI SV bricks ($50...), 50 round boxes of Fed HV (40 gr lead), CCI AR Tactical ($28...), and the usual fancy match 22.

Stopped by the Hartford store on my way home from CT and was surprised at the amount of 22 they had. Tons of Fed 325 value packs which I've never seen before(plated 36 gr HP $20), fed automatch ($21), CCI SV bricks ($50...), 50 round boxes of Fed HV (40 gr lead), CCI AR Tactical ($28...), and the usual fancy match 22.

Dicks is supposed to have the Fed 325 auto match two for $35 on BF.

910cc0a2baffc5d029df0243bf210b14.jpg

3e44b711c34672d6fed1414af6a68762.jpg

Stopped in for my 10/22 doorbuster.
Snagged a box of 22, only looked at their (and took a pic) 22 selection. Plenty of 9 and others in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, this week's Market Basket flier listed 20% off on "Gift Card Marketplace" which included Cabela's.

No idea if it is valid all the time or only this week.

Thanks for the reply Len.

Too bad - I really have no interest driving all the way to Berlin for a cheap deal on ammo if I can just roll the dice and drive to Walmart or Dick's and see if anything is kicking around, on sale or not.

Got a 'fire sale' flyer from Cabelas yesterday...... .17 HMR Winchester 17gr. for $11.99 same price for the last billion years...

I did buy a loss leader' Vortex Diamondback 4x12x42 HP scope....2 in stock for $ 219 mounted and borescoped.... 1 left

Tried to buy ammo at Cabelas in Hudson this morning and was turned away. My LTC is past the expired date due to the idiocy of my local PD (I submitted paperwork in early Sept). I 1) showed them the renewal letter from my PD, and 2) generated a LTC verification on the spot to show to them. Manager wouldn't listen and didn't care.

I know "their store, their rules" but cripes its ammo, not even a firearm, and I produced validation in two different ways. The state website is argueably even better than the flippin' LTC card!!!

Cabelas is now dead to me.

Tried to buy ammo at Cabelas in Hudson this morning and was turned away. My LTC is past the expired date due to the idiocy of my local PD (I submitted paperwork in early Sept). I 1) showed them the renewal letter from my PD, and 2) generated a LTC verification on the spot to show to them. Manager wouldn't listen and didn't care.

I know "their store, their rules" but cripes its ammo, not even a firearm, and I produced validation in two different ways. The state website is argueably even better than the flippin' LTC card!!!

Cabelas is now dead to me.

This is exactly what I expect from 100% of the big box stores and ~50% of the LGS in MA. They don't know the law (none of them) and don't care to know the law! I'll be in your boat in another 2 months, but I won't be shopping for anything at the big box stores.

Thanks, I didn't even get an email this time so I would have missed it. Couple these with sale prices and you can get some great deals on ammo and reloading supplies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom