• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cali farmer charged with felonies, after trying to register his firearms.

It would appear from what I see on the ERPO it only concerns licensed gun owners - and gives permission to violate the home and seize firearms only. Prescription meds, cars, accelerants and knives are left alone.

Further, based on wording, if you are a criminal and have an illegal gun, an ERPO won’t be issued. Wouldn’t it be nice to get an ERPO on MS-13 and see how that knock & talk goes.

Do not register anything, have off the books items along with the accessories and consumables and keep them stashed well.

Looks like this farmer may have some deep pockets. I hope for his sake this gets dropped quickly, but for our sake it may not be a bad thing if the state pushes it all the way to SCotUS.

They should plead the 5th, “I’m afraid to register my firearm incase I incriminate myself” and keep this article as proof of that fear.

I think there is an actual federal case that ruled criminals have a 5th amendment defense against complying with firearm registration because of self incrimination and can't be charged for violating it,but still may be charged with illegal possession. There's a thread on here about that legal quirk.

Maybe thinking of the1968 Supreme Court Gun Control Act or Hayes Decision?
Blocks states from prosecuting felons for not registering their firearms.

Basically, felons do not need to register their firearms because that would infringe upon their Fifth Amendment self-incrimination rights. This essentially makes felons a protected class.

So how do laws that only apply to the law abiding keep people safe?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom