• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

California Bans Itself

It would justify its own thread if only California would follow through on their promise to secede.

Who the hell would fight it if they did ?
No one in their right mind.
Reminds me of the guy I "Helped" leave a bar one night.
Him :"I'm never coming back here again! "
Me : It won't be easy , but I'll try to get over it. "

Who the hell would fight it if they did ?
No one in their right mind.
Reminds me of the guy I "Helped" leave a bar one night.
Him :"I'm never coming back here again! "
Me : It won't be easy , but I'll try to get over it. "

If they were to go, it would cause a much-needed cascade.

The Constitution allows a state to break up into smaller states. Groups in CA tried it a few years ago, but didn't have enough signatures in time to have it added to the ballot.

The Constitution allows a state to break up into smaller states. Groups in CA tried it a few years ago, but didn't have enough signatures in time to have it added to the ballot.

California has the same problem New York (and Massachusetts) has: dominance by the urban centers. Almost half of the population of California resides in greater LA. And they're not only not of a political will to let the outlying areas go, they'll put up a life-and-death struggle to keep them. Cuz water.
California Water Wars - Wikipedia

Agreed, it is a complex problem exacerbated by natural resource conflicts.

...and money problems.

If we could shed them, along with their west-coast cohorts, and their brain-brothers in the East: MD, DC, NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI (and possibly VA), that could probably coerce a sizable share of the remaining Prog faction out places like Burlington and Hanover, lest the torches-and-pitchforks need to emerge. They won't, cuz birds-of-a-feather and all that flocking elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom