• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

California cops shoot dead double amputee, 36, as he tries to run away from them on his stumps: Police department says officers feared knife

Reptile

NES Member

California cops shoot dead double amputee, 36, as he tries to run away from them on his stumps: Police department says officers feared he was going to 'throw his knife at them'​

• WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
  • Anthony Lowe Jr. was killed by Huntington Park Police officers on Thursday
  • He had just stabbed someone and was trying to flee on his stumps
  • The officers fired at least eight shots at Lowe Jr, who died at the scene

Sorry, @Waher - this deserves it's own thread...

Will we soon find he was banging the cop's wife?

I mean were they afraid he was going to out run them?
Mas Ayoob said that lethal force with a threat of a projectile knife is only legal while that knife if flying through the air.

I always remembered that from LFI-1 and MAG-20. (His classes)

This case is right up his ally and I can't wait for his commentary!

I thought this was going to be a Babylon Bee story ... this is the EXACT scenario a CHP instructor used to show a lack of opportunity in the discussion of how intent, opportunity, and means ALL need to be there to make lethal force justified. I get that he shouldn't have been allowed to flee, but shooting him? All they needed to do was park a cruiser in his way!

A while ago there was story of a cop or security guard who shot a guy in a wheelchair point-blank because he claimed he though the wheelchair guy was reaching for a gun. No gun.

Mas Ayoob said that lethal force with a threat of a projectile knife is only legal while that knife if flying through the air.

I always remembered that from LFI-1 and MAG-20. (His classes)

This case is right up his ally and I can't wait for his commentary!
Really... so you have to wait until the knife is released?

Being some who has thrown knives. You stand outside the range. Not like the cops couldn't keep track of the guy. Remember, as per the law. He was suspected of stabbing someone else. Assuming he did it. Well, that is taking a leap. I mean, their could have been someone else who matches the description hanging around.

On a serious note. It will end with another lawsuit. Nothing will happen to the cops.

I’ll give the guy credit for at least trying to run
I’m too scared to go to the emergency room because they always call the police on me

I’m down %25 vision, zero hearing
I can still hop pretty far…
I will have to reread this thing double amputee on the run. I’m probably not gonna make it that far.

Back
Top Bottom