Called out for not wearing a mask

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
All this isn't going to stop until we all stop it.

Never going to happen unfortunately. You can tell by the stories here. 90% plus wear masks with no second thought as they think they are doing the right thing. The Left and Gov't have won this battle. I don't like it any more then you do, but it's the reality. We can still try and change people's minds, but folks are pretty set in their opinions at this point.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have declared you statement is misleading.
You have declared that mine is.

Time to accept that we will differ on this one, and that neither of us will convince the other that he is wrong. There is enough info out there for readers to come to their own conclusion, so I am ending the cycle of each of us repeatedly declaring the other person wrong. Assert what you wish, I am done responding on this one. This is one of those Schroedinger things where we can both be concurrently right and wrong at the same time.

There is no Schroedinger thing. The cat is dead. You are WRONG. Live with it.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Rating - 100%
121   0   0

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
We needed some supplies at BJ's again, so we went to the one in Manchester. I'd say about 30% were not maskurbating. We didn't have any problems and no one gave us any issues. The door greeter mumbled something as we entered past him, not sure entirely what he said because of his stupid mask made him sound all mumbly, so we just blew by him.

Then we stopped by Walmart on the way home on 101A just west of Nashua (Amherst IIRC). It was about the same there, 30% with their heads on straight. No issue other than half the self checkout machines were disabled for some reason or other.

I didn't notice any significant shortages in anything either, all seemed in good shape.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
i noticed the last 3 weeks, stop and shop in my area has been prepping its customers to be back into masks while in the store. it's got to be store policy cause the city has no such mask plan...for now. so now the sign says all customers should be wearing a mask while inside and before they just "suggested" it. i'm far from a fist pumping mad man about this but as some of the regulars may remember, i have some respiratory issues that makes it extremely difficult to walk with a mask on restricting air flow. i know many of you are the same. so, the point of this is 25% of us customers aren't in masks and that also includes several store employees. so far, it's business as usual, no one spewing an ultimatum...mask or leave. honestly, i'm expecting that eventually. i'm just pissed life now is harder than it needs to be. yeah, yeah...you know already.

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
N95 is all the rage these days....

I feel for these kids. It's almost a guarantee kids will be required to year N95s at school.

It's our job to continue poking holes in the mask thing.

N95's are made to filter inhaled particles. Which they do well when worn and fitted correctly. N95's are not made to properly filter exhaled particles. The easiest way to point this out is the mask is not sealed in any sort of actual realistic way when under positive pressure. Those 2 dinky straps arent going to hold it on tight enough nor is the non flexible edges creating any sort of respectable seal.

I like to go back to the military promask (gas mask) examples. Those are made for extremely robust seals. The faceplate on my old M40 is like 3/4 of an inch wide and rubber. That bitch is sealed. It also has FIVE wide straps on it that keep it firmly attached to ones head.

But guess what? Like all masks, this fantastic protection for the wearer offers zero for the outside, as exhaled air is simply pushed out of an exhalation valve. PPE has never really been made to protect external individuals. I can't think of any cases where it has been, actually. Only until fantasy land COVID did people start to pretend to want 2 way filtration masks.

Theres a reason why so many N95's have exhalation valves. It's a pain in the f***ing ass to breathe in them when they dont have one, plus so much air is leaking out the edges on the exhale theres no real protection being added by not having one. You're just torturing yourself by not having an exhalation valve.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
PPE has never really been made to protect external individuals. I can't think of any cases where it has been, actually. Only until fantasy land COVID did people start to pretend to want 2 way filtration masks.
While not PPE, negative pressure hospital rooms come to mind. Positive pressure protects the patient, negative pressure protects the patient. I've seen some rooms (not sure is + or - pressure) with a double door airlock (though not a biohazard lab level seal)

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
While not PPE, negative pressure hospital rooms come to mind. Positive pressure protects the patient, negative pressure protects the patient. I've seen some rooms (not sure is + or - pressure) with a double door airlock (though not a biohazard lab level seal)
I pointed out the negative pressure room thing a week or so ago here as an example of what actually goes on when there's a major risk of infection to staff. I should know, I was a patient in one! This was about 15 years ago and I had an unknown illness that had me on deaths door. It was gruesome visually also. Long story short, until it was figured out what was making my skin melt off my body they had me in that room in Beth Israel for about 3 days before they set me free. The nurses wore N95's and the room was negative pressure. if the door was left open for any sort of period above a few seconds an alarm would sound.

Positive in a high risk room is going to be bad, as it will drive the air to find exits. Often times those exits are places they don't want that air going. So, the air is sucked up and out of the room and filtered/sterilized.

As for a mask, inhalation creates negative pressure and sucks it in. An example, when you don a pro mask you hold your hand over the filter and suck in as hard as you can. The mask sucks to your face. If you note any leaks or poor seal you make corrections from there. When exhaling it puts positive pressure on the mask pushing it off the face. In real PPE land, the air is simply dumped out of a small diaphragm that weighs next to nothing as to create as little resistance as possible in terms of creating positive pressure inside the mask. Which is bad as to much of it can and will break the seal.

teamRR

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically we are coming full circle (or down to reality) on masks - but whatever they said about cloth & surgical masks not impacting breathing (which I think is BS - they do impact it some) it's totally impertinent to valveless N95's - those things are awfull and seriously could cause health problems if worn 8 hours a day. As stated - there is a reason why most masks intended to really filter something critical have valves.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Positive in a high risk room is going to be bad, as it will drive the air to find exits. Often times those exits are places they don't want that air going. So, the air is sucked up and out of the room and filtered/sterilized.
Depends. When I was in a positive room it was because I was getting Thymoglobuilin, which is an industrial strength immunosuppressant. I did not post any particular risk to others, but they were so protective I was only allowed bottled water, not the tap stuff. The hospital used only Dasani because they were convinced that brans was fully degermed.

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i noticed the last 3 weeks, stop and shop in my area has been prepping its customers to be back into masks while in the store. it's got to be store policy cause the city has no such mask plan...for now. so now the sign says all customers should be wearing a mask while inside and before they just "suggested" it. i'm far from a fist pumping mad man about this but as some of the regulars may remember, i have some respiratory issues that makes it extremely difficult to walk with a mask on restricting air flow. i know many of you are the same. so, the point of this is 25% of us customers aren't in masks and that also includes several store employees. so far, it's business as usual, no one spewing an ultimatum...mask or leave. honestly, i'm expecting that eventually. i'm just pissed life now is harder than it needs to be. yeah, yeah...you know already.
In the Fall the Milford NH Market Basket put signs up asking people to wear masks. The signs stayed up for about a month or 2 then disappeared. It seems pretty random as to how many are masked. Funny thing. I ran into an older guy I know who is on board with jabs and masks. He was unmasked in the coffee aisle. We said hello and I went on my way. Then saw him in another aisle and he had put a mask on. I could tell it had been folded up in his pocket. Lord knows how many times he's worn it. Probably full of germs. LOL

CWulf

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
N95 is all the rage these days....

I feel for these kids. It's almost a guarantee kids will be required to year N95s at school.

My son got an email from his college. They pushing for N95's. The wording was interesting though, they said that the kid's 'should' wear them or if not available double up on the paper ones. Not 'requiring'. Apparently cloth face coverings don't work. This is on top of the requirement that all kids must have a booster shot to get back on campus. My son joined a frat last semester. One of his reasons was that the house is just off campus so they are not subject to the bullshit in the dorms and most of the guys in the frat apparently voted for Trump.

Local sit rep. I was in the West Roxbury Home Depot this afternoon. Only saw one other person without a mask, we nodded LOL. 99.9% compliant sheep.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.6%
71   1   0
In the Fall the Milford NH Market Basket put signs up asking people to wear masks. The signs stayed up for about a month or 2 then disappeared. It seems pretty random as to how many are masked. Funny thing. I ran into an older guy I know who is on board with jabs and masks. He was unmasked in the coffee aisle. We said hello and I went on my way. Then saw him in another aisle and he had put a mask on. I could tell it had been folded up in his pocket. Lord knows how many times he's worn it. Probably full of germs. LOL
I have a mask in my pocket for the rare times I must wear it, it's been there for months now too. It's all for show, it's not protecting anyone since I don't spit in people's faces anyway.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I see a lot of people lately walking around looking like ducks. I have to resist the urge to quack at them. Are these some new kind of N95 mask? They don't look like they would seal very well. Since people aren't collapsing due to difficulty breathing, I am going to guess they aren't sealing well at all.

rep308

NES Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I see a lot of people lately walking around looking like ducks. I have to resist the urge to quack at them. Are these some new kind of N95 mask? They don't look like they would seal very well. Since people aren't collapsing due to difficulty breathing, I am going to guess they aren't sealing well at all.

That is a type of KN95 mask used in my doctor's office. The fold are on top and bottom, not on the left and right sides so they do look duck like. I keep a fakemaskusa mask stuffed on my pocket when I have to wear one in a medical setting.

babygorilla

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not ANSI approved or vetted KN-95 Chicom knock off masks.
Not proven by a credible standard of measure to be any better than a wet paper towel.

pupchow

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Top Bottom