Called out for not wearing a mask

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Not ANSI approved or vetted KN-95 Chicom knock off masks.
Not proven by a credible standard of measure to be any better than a wet paper towel.

It depends. There are NIOSH approved duck billed N95 masks. These masks are not new and have been around for a while. Some people prefer them. I've never personally used one so I can't comment. My wife has and as far as I know she liked them. This was pre covid.

babygorilla

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It depends. There are NIOSH approved duck billed N95 masks. These masks are not new and have been around for a while. Some people prefer them. I've never personally used one so I can't comment. My wife has and as far as I know she liked them. This was pre covid.
Duck billed N-##, yes.
KN = Chinese standard = hard block. Not NIOSH approved, not tested to ANSI standard.
I know you know this, so you probably read what I typed quick.

barnabus

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Rating - 100%
121   0   0

Report: Sonia Sotomayor Still Working Remotely Because Neil Gorsuch Won’t Wear Mask in Court

You figure if you were 67 years old and in failing health you'd retire. Especially if you knew that you'd be replaced with another equally insane and unqualified whackjob.

Nope, not these people. Not a chance.

kevin9

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

amb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've used them for a while. (Mine are stamped N95 and NIOSH and list a bunch of approvals.) The ones I get have a fairly wide metal strip up top (vs just a wire) that I can squish-fit and then they seal to my nose really well. Good for not fogging up safety glasses. They seal to my face way better than the usual kind. If I want actual N95 protection I use one of these or my real fitted 3m respirator.

Also it's an excuse to walking around quacking. Clearly I identify as a duck.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Seems the town of 50 FFLs has a mask mandate. I went into the Market Basket there and was the only person not wearing a mask today and it was pretty busy. Nobody said a word or even looked at me funny. Didn’t even realize it until I was halfway done my shopping.

Hummmm. I wonder how many people are wearing a mask at the Mill? I’m betting not many.

AJK129

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seems the town of 50 FFLs has a mask mandate. I went into the Market Basket there and was the only person not wearing a mask today and it was pretty busy. Nobody said a word or even looked at me funny. Didn’t even realize it until I was halfway done my shopping.

Hummmm. I wonder how many people are wearing a mask at the Mill? I’m betting not many.
See, proof that sometimes things inside 495 are better than those outside of it [rofl]

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.6%
71   1   0

Really or just sheep that are paranoid?

I was in Sam's Club, Market Basket and Hannafords today in NH and ~95% of shoppers were wearing face diapers. There is no mandate, just paranoia.

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Really or just sheep that are paranoid?

I was in Sam's Club, Market Basket and Hannafords today in NH and ~95% of shoppers were wearing face diapers. There is no mandate, just paranoia.
I bet a lot of people do it to blend in and or as members here have posted to "make X people feel comfortable."

It's turned into a trance.

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The Cumberland Farms in Winchendon has mandatory policy I found last week - I didn’t shop there. If a retail establishment went a full day or more with no customers - things would change. Of course there are too many vaccinated & boosted folks wearing masks while alone in there cars to have the world expect sanity.

kevin9

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The Cumberland Farms in Winchendon has mandatory policy I found last week - I didn’t shop there. If a retail establishment went a full day or more with no customers - things would change. Of course there are too many vaccinated & boosted folks wearing masks while alone in there cars to have the world expect sanity.
Since when? Is it posted? Must be a local store decision because there's no corporate mandate and AFAIK no town mandate either.

I usually stop there once a week or so, although it's been 2 weeks since my last visit. There was no mask mandate posted then.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Natick now has a mask mandate. Found out today while doing some errands there. Went to 4 places, all had signs from Dept of Health Nazis on their doors.

“Let’s just go back to what hasn’t worked for the last 2 years while we figure out what stocks to buy first.”

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
PPE supplies in short order - County buys 7 million dollars of equipment so that they're prepared.
Then leave them outside in the rain so they're damaged.
Plan now is to give the undamaged to the homeless - and buy more.
Bay Area tax dollar at work.

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Went to my son's elementary school basketball game, there was a sign on the door "Masks required for visitors". Walked past it, into the gym, and saw no one, save a couple quiet Karens, wearing a mask.
There were one or two kids that still had their mask on while playing. No doubt brainwashed by their idiot parents. Very sad.

My son's team won, by the way. As a 4th grader on a 4 - 6 team, he's not the best player they've got, but I'm happy to say he isn't their worst, either. And he had a blast.

keysersoze

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i guess it applies to anybody going to natick mall now.

Ha I should check the news before I leave me house. Just spent four hours at the "collection" mostly waiting for my wife at the Nordstrom cafe. Walked in to the Tesla store, stopped in Tommy Bahama, went to Uniqlo-- I had no mask, didn't know I needed one, no one mentioned it. Maybe I'm invisible?

sig shooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I walked into the local library yesterday to pick up a few holds. A trans man with painted nails and a beard, sat behind the desk. He wore a duckbilled N95 mask, while being completely enclosed in plexiglass. After he scanned my card, he looked at me and said “do you have a mask?”. I politely replied “unfortunately, I have a medical condition and can’t wear one”. He said curtly “oh ok” and tossed the books threw the slot in the plexiglass.

Miguelito

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

I have noticed that FFL's were and are the only place where it feels rude to wear a mask.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the return flight from Orlando last Friday,
I had a half-eaten carton of Disney Hollywood Studios popcorn with me.
It wasn't exactly deliberate, but it made my Snak 'n Breathe Time
last a lot longer than on the flight down.

KN = Chinese standard = hard block. Not NIOSH approved, not tested to ANSI standard.
That lines up pretty with with IDGAF.

All the signs quoting the town's mandate which I've seen
state that you have to wear a mask to enter the building.

So put it on.
Enter.
And throw it back in your pocket where it belongs.

idjft.jpg

ProGun

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
At the Mall at Rockingham Park in Salem, NH. As expected, no mask rules...except plan to line up w/ mask required if you want to go into the Apple store. I looked at the sign, shrugged and moved on.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Outpost Farm in Holliston has a pretty strict mask policy. One of the few places where they ask you to mask up if you walk in without one.

Uxbridge has entered the race as well. BOH has issued a mask mandate for all public places. Went to Koopmans there and didn't wear one. Nobody said a word.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to Toyota dealer off Rt 2 yesterday to drop off Rav4, walked into waiting room and ignored mask sign. No one said shit.
Holding out for you walking maskless onto the sales floor
with an "I need a car" look on your wallet...

At the Mall at Rockingham Park in Salem, NH. As expected, no mask rules...except plan to line up w/ mask required if you want to go into the Apple store. I looked at the sign, shrugged and moved on.
The sign on the Apple Store sounds like the perfect place for
a Biden* "I did that!" sticker.

Top Bottom