• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Calling all NES bikers...

dwarven1 said:
Hmm. Interesting thought. I'll have to head up to the MotoMarket open house this Saturday and see what boots they have in my size (9-extra fat).

Thanks for the idea.
Nooooooooo! You are one of the uber elite euro snobs ! [rofl]
Motomarket is so expensive. I know a few people that will be there posing for the open house anyway.

dwarven1 said:
WTF???

No, not really... I wasn't kidding when I said I need a WIDE boot. What can I say? Fat feet. *shrug*
Just messn with ya.
That is the on going joke for the people that hang out at Motomarket thats all. I will be joining quite a few of them in VT for the second year in a row at Camp Meade durring fathers day weekend for some twistie riding [smile]

Nickle said:
Hey Ross, sounds like edin508 is one of those Yankee Beemers, possibly.

edin, I actually live on VT 17, in the valley.

Not a Yankee Beemer [smile]
But I do know a bunch of people that hang out at motomarket every week.
I ride a Ducati so once in a while the Triumph group that I know invites me along for some rides. They prolly only do it to make fun of me for riding a twin, those daym 3 cyl. bastids[rofl] They plan some great rides up there and keep it pretty well organized with small groups that have a leader and a sweeper so knowone gets lost etc...

You are on the VT 17 that I have yet to ride and heard so much about. I will be stopping by this summer to say hi. When I head up to VT with the bike I usually take Rt 2 through MA and hop onto 100 in VT, so very nice roads. I remember going by an entance to 17 and wanted to turn in so bad but I had a long ride home allready.

edin508 said:
Just messn with ya.
That is the on going joke for the people that hang out at Motomarket thats all.
Uh... I don't hang out there. I just go there to shop occasionally. Bought my Schuberth Concept there.

I'd rather be riding than hanging out. [smile]

dwarven1 said:
Uh... I don't hang out there. I just go there to shop occasionally. Bought my Schuberth Concept there.

I'd rather be riding than hanging out. [smile]

Did you make it to the open house? I was too busy to get up there. I like the owners of that shop, and when I lived metro-west, it was a good place to stop and have a coffee. They carry some decent textile coats that won't break the bank, although they have high end stuff too...

Nickle said:
Try calling Bob's BMW down DC way. They used to do a fair amount of older bike parts. Googling only brought up Oilhead (ugh!) stuff. Oilheads are why I quit riding BMW's. You've seen me on the last good bike (K75S) the company ever made. That and the Airheads.

Q: How many BMW riders doe sit take to change a lightbulb?

A: 3 - one to change the bulb, and two to talk about how much better the old one was.

[smile]

Take one of the new hexheads for a ride and you might change your mind...

Emoto said:
Did you make it to the open house? I was too busy to get up there. I like the owners of that shop, and when I lived metro-west, it was a good place to stop and have a coffee. They carry some decent textile coats that won't break the bank, although they have high end stuff too...

Nah, got sidetracked doing some yard work. And am paying for it now in sore arms.[rolleyes] I'd rather have been riding.

Oh, well... got out shooting yesterday anyway.

dwarven1 said:
Nah, got sidetracked doing some yard work. And am paying for it now in sore arms.[rolleyes] I'd rather have been riding.

Oh, well... got out shooting yesterday anyway.

Me too. Hanson had the annual Old Fashioned .22 Shoot.

dwarven1 said:
How old fashioned? Were there any old-fashioned 10/22s there? [smile]

It really just means iron sights only. Yeah, plenty of 10/22s in evidence. I shot my Remington 581 left-handed bolt action. There was one guy with a pump action rifle of a brand that escapes me right now, from 1903.

Emoto said:
Q: How many BMW riders doe sit take to change a lightbulb?

A: 3 - one to change the bulb, and two to talk about how much better the old one was.

[smile]

Take one of the new hexheads for a ride and you might change your mind...

BMW left me cold with their attitude. I said a long time ago when Harley makes Sport Bikes, I'll buy one. They did, so I did. And I love the damned things, though my current one is really a Sport-Tourer.

IMG_3176.jpg

Nickle said:
BMW left me cold with their attitude. I said a long time ago when Harley makes Sport Bikes, I'll buy one. They did, so I did. And I love the damned things, though my current one is really a Sport-Tourer.

Hell, Nickle - if HD of Paramus (NJ) hadn't had a stick up their a$$ about letting me take a test ride, I'd have been on a Low Rider for all these years... I looked at that one first and really liked it, but they wouldn't let me test ride it first. Joke was on them... I paid BMW cash for my R65 the next day, after they let me test ride one.

Nickle said:
The Jersey BMW dealerships have a good reputation.
Unfortunately, the one I bought Canth at is long since out of business. But I have heard that Cross-Country has a good rep, too. Think Amol in Dumont is out of the BMW business, though.

Ross

Nickle said:

IMG_3176.jpg

Cool Buell! (hey, I'm a poet)

I think BMW's attitude is mostly a reflection of the dealer you are interacting with.

The attitude I'm speaking of goes back to Germany. They quit making K75 series bikes, even though they were great starter bikes for the ladies. Also well liked by us "Geezer's". They dropped the "Airheads" from the line, and left us with 3 choices.

4 cylinder K-Bike - BTDT, they don't handle well.

Oilhead (R850/R1100/R1200 series) - Tried one, hated it. R1100RS. Put my hand to sleep in 5 miles. Got told it's because of the "low" bars. BS, I had been riding K-RS's and K-S's for 8 years prior to that.

F650 - The Italian Abomination. Yuck.

Glenn's been fighting the urge for a bike too, since the weather has been nicer. I keep reminding him his motorcycling days are over. [laugh] [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom