• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Camo uniform wear?

I'm just lazy and don't like to change if I don't have to. Don't even bring civilians with me on drill weekends most times. If I have something to do or somewhere to go after the duty day is done I just go there. If you're not doing anything wrong then what's the problem? I swear though, if I'm in Fitchburg and another "Marine" (usually of the ghetto persuasion) comes up to me and tells me that I'm not supposed to be in uniform I'm going to punch him in the throat. I'm not a Marine and your rules do not apply to me damnit.

I swear though, if I'm in Fitchburg and another "Marine" (usually of the ghetto persuasion) comes up to me and tells me that I'm not supposed to be in uniform I'm going to punch him in the throat. I'm not a Marine and your rules do not apply to me damnit.

Good luck with that. [rolleyes]

I'm just lazy and don't like to change if I don't have to. Don't even bring civilians with me on drill weekends most times. If I have something to do or somewhere to go after the duty day is done I just go there. If you're not doing anything wrong then what's the problem? I swear though, if I'm in Fitchburg and another "Marine" (usually of the ghetto persuasion) comes up to me and tells me that I'm not supposed to be in uniform I'm going to punch him in the throat. I'm not a Marine and your rules do not apply to me damnit.

http://terminallance.com/2010/07/02/terminal-lance-48-airport-soldier-envy/

I don't care what the rules are. If I were in today I would NOT step ashore wearing some homo blue camo. I'd either go in civvies or in service dress.

Period.

I don't care what the rules are. If I were in today I would NOT step ashore wearing some homo blue camo. I'd either go in civvies or in service dress.

Period.

Like I said, the rules are that you can't, except during designated times during lunch within a certain radius of the base, and for short stops while commuting.

I personally think service dress would be overkill. Service khakis or summer whites are fine IMO.

Im not a fan of ACUs at all... no style in wearing raggedy ass PJs. They are comfortable and worked for me ok..... but damn if the navy didnt get it WAAAY wrong with those blue digital cammies.... probably because they work BETTER at hiding people in the water than they SHOULD! Honestly... if someone sees you on a 100 foot long ship... OH WELL!... HOWEVER if they DONT see you when you fall OFF said ship... isnt that a bad idea? Maybe the army should go with the Navy cammies, and let the navy wear the army cammies... afterall... ACUs are 4 shades of grey... arent Navy ships grey???? Probably the ONLY place they work ! Once you fall off the ship, they go back to being completely visible, therefore improving chances of rescue !!!

Holding out hope that Multicam becomes standard issue before 2016..... my 20 year ETS.

Supposedly the NWUs actually have material in them that make them more visible on NVGs. Not sure if it's true and I don't feel like jumping in the water to find out.

Wow, the SuperLegs even have their own websites now!

But I approve of this one.
2010-07-06-Strip_49_Myths_and_Legends_1_web.jpg

And this probably resonates with any vet:
2010-07-13-Strip_51_0351s_web.gif

I would like to meet SSG Merrifield:
n4453396985911702215783.jpg

I think they look sloppy and degrades their branch and their flag. My Navy would never allow that because they understand that a professional presence in public means alot. Call me old school, but I am glad that the Navy still observes this tradition of professionalism.

I think they look sloppy and degrades their branch and their flag. My Navy would never allow that because they understand that a professional presence in public means alot. Call me old school, but I am glad that the Navy still observes this tradition of professionalism.

I kind of agree.......but every soldier I see gives me a warm feeling of pride, no matter what they are wearing![smile]

I kind of agree.......but every Soldier, Airmen, Sailor and Marine I see gives me a warm feeling of pride, no matter what they are wearing![smile]

(And Coast Guard too...but I never see any of them.)

Last edited:
I kind of agree.......but every soldier I see gives me a warm feeling of pride, no matter what they are wearing![smile]

Agreed 10 folds. It's not their fault what decisions that are made by the brass. They wear what they are told. God Bless to all.

There was huge heartburn over the "INE" (Issued, Not Earned") berets. I have to say I like them better than the bus driver's hat, though I've only worn one once, in a parade.

I'm so glad my beret is gone, I never liked it and I had to wear it over the pc all the time just because as an MP it was flashier. thank god its gone, I dont mind it with the blues for that it at least looks like it belongs.

Back
Top Bottom