Can a MASS resident legally carry in VT?

I am a MASS resident who currently holds a valid Class A LTC.

Can I legally conceal carry a pistol in the state of Vermont?

I know I can legally carry while hunting VT, but what if I want to carry while not hunting.

Thanks in advance

Get a NH Non Res P&R, problem solved as to CCW in NH/loaded transport in vehicle

Is this written any where? I guess i am a paranoid m*******

No, that's the rub. Laws generally prohibit conduct, they aren't written to allow it. The fact that you can carry is VT is due to the fact that VT hasn't seen fit to regulate possession of firearms.

They don't actually have a prohibited person construct. When they catch a convicted felon with a firearm they have to turn them over to the feds for prosecution.

Is this written any where? I guess i am a paranoid m*******

You won't find it written because there is no law saying you can't carry. Trust me, you are legal to carry concealed. It is illegal to carry if you intend to do harm to another! Its true, that's actually a law. I call that common sense gun control lol.

Edit: You also must be 16 to legally carry a concealed handgun.

Last edited:
You could also get a Florida out of state permit and carry in a TON of states, including NH.
http://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/7444/118465/ReciprocityList.pdf

bb11ef600f81299e086f8ca87843e487.jpg

abc5b0ced35714a61bb53a594a8f9612.jpg

4. These states will honor the Florida concealed weapon license ONLY IF the license holder is a legal resident of the State of Florida.
]

Last edited:
The only catch is the federal gun free school zone making it a crime to carry within 1000ft of a school unless licensed by the state to do so. As a practical matter, it is unlikely you will find Vermont cops calling in the feds to press charges.

The only catch is the federal gun free school zone making it a crime to carry within 1000ft of a school unless licensed by the state to do so. As a practical matter, it is unlikely you will find Vermont cops calling in the feds to press charges.

Luckily Fed Law (unlike MA law) does NOT consider colleges as "schools" for the purposes of the GFZs. Otherwise almost all of Burlington VT would be off-limits as UVM is like dog-shit, it's everywhere in that city.

I have been doing this for years. I have land in Northern VT. Very relaxed..........

I am a MASS resident who currently holds a valid Class A LTC.

Can I legally conceal carry a pistol in the state of Vermont?

I know I can legally carry while hunting VT, but what if I want to carry while not hunting.

Thanks in advance

road trip to vermont tonight, mass ltc, nh non-res. all the way without having to change my daily carry routine. damn i almost feel like i have rights as a citizen[grin]

Last edited:
Yes I have my ltc-a. So I could purchase an ak/ar our would I need to transfer to an ffl in ma? Thanks for the response.

If I have a ltc for mass and I own a house in Vermont am I able to buy a firearm in Vermont and bring it to Mass even if it is not on the approved firearm list

Back
Top Bottom