Can gender effect LTC issue time?

Recently my wife and I sent in apps for FL non resident. Mailed the same day. Checks cashed the same day. My license came in a week ago. Her's is still processing. A couple months back my mother and her sig took the class and applied for their MA LTC. This time mom applied for her hers a couple days before her beau and he got his today and no sign of hers. So, I got to wondering, could it be name changes through marriage that delays checks on women or is it just a coincidence?

the BF and i took the class together, applied the same day and got our LTCs the same day...so its not gender, but i've never been married so my name has always been the same.

My wife took her LTC course, mailed in the check, and had it in roughly a month and a half. Mine took the better part of 3 months. Looking back comparatively to now, that's pretty swell. This was in Westfield, and I was told the reason that mine took so long is because it was in the beginning of the Chief's vacation. We both got LTC-A's, so I have no reason to hold ill-will against the Chief for taking some time off.

I don't think gender plays a role, it's just what makes it to his desk first.

I dont think its true. my girlfriend usually will have better groupings. [crying]

Wife - new license, Myself - renewal… Both went in on the same day. Her's was issued a week faster then mine was.

If love to see GOAL or some other org like that do a study on that. I would not be surprised to find that certain classes of people get permits faster than others.

In 2004, I (male) got my LTC in about 2.5 months from date of application in Woburn. In 2012, my wife got hers in 2 weeks in Billerica.

This really doesn't confirm anything, other than the fact that Billerica is wonderfully green.

in MA, one must assume that anything can affect anything.
it's the beauty of a nanny state.

i'm fairly confident that being white, employed, clean shaven and (arguably) handsome didn't hurt my LTC wait-time.
my woman is waaaaay cuter than me and she got her LTC a month quicker....co-incidence?

Back
Top Bottom