• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can I carry in NH with a Mass LTC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been up to NH in a while and last time I didn’t have my LTC. I was wondering if NH would honor a mass LTC. I’ve heard yes and I’ve heard yes with certain circumstances. Would love for some answers, thanks y’all.

You may not need a MA LTC to carry in NH but at least one gun shop (Gungewam Outfitters in Danbury) requires a MA LTC if you want to purchase ammo.
I'm not sure what other NH gun shop policies are RE ammo sales.

You may not need a MA LTC to carry in NH but at least one gun shop (Gungewam Outfitters in Danbury) requires a MA LTC if you want to purchase ammo.

Maybe if YOU want to purchase ammo. Never, ever, has that happened to me, anywhere.

MA-LTC will continue to be meaningless under New Hampshire law until Massachusetts offers reciprocity to NH residents (so basically until hell freezes over).

So that makes a total of 3 ammunition retailers in NH with this policy, with Gungewam being the furthest northmost shop doing so.

MA-LTC will continue to be meaningless under New Hampshire law until Massachusetts offers reciprocity to NH residents (so basically until hell freezes over).

So that makes a total of 3 ammunition retailers in NH with this policy, with Gungewam being the furthest northmost shop doing so.
Do the owners of these shops have some sort of nexus in Massachusetts?

Maybe if YOU want to purchase ammo. Never, ever, has that happened to me, anywhere.
Maybe they didn't like my face:eek:
I wanted to stop there on my way to visit my buddy up in Canaan, called Gungewam beforehand because I don't have a NH drivers license, and the clerk said he would sell the ammo if I had a MA LTC. Just quoting their policy. It sounds like other NH gun shops have different policies.

Maybe they didn't like my face:eek:
I wanted to stop there on my way to visit my buddy up in Canaan, called Gungewam beforehand because I don't have a NH drivers license, and the clerk said he would sell the ammo if I had a MA LTC. Just quoting their policy. It sounds like other NH gun shops have different policies.

Well, you see the issue there? There was no reason to call beforehand to purchase ammo. You caused the issue at hand all on your own, by making that call. That is how the Mass mind think will always screw you in the end. You feel that you must announce your ma**h***ness when coming out into the free world. Just say no. Don't do it.

I was “carded” at SO about a month ago buying ammo so I think its fairly standard for NH gun shops to ask for ID atleast near the MA border and by the looks of it further north too.

Well, you see the issue there? There was no reason to call beforehand to purchase ammo. You caused the issue at hand all on your own, by making that call. That is how the Mass mind think will always screw you in the end. You feel that you must announce your ma**h***ness when coming out into the free world. Just say no. Don't do it.

No, that would be the New Hampshire shops making up their own rules and saying it is against the law to sell ammo to a resident of MA, unless they have an LTC permit in MA.
Or try to purchase a magazine over 10 rounds in NH. When it's not illegal to sell or possess there either.
No such laws in New Hampshire exist that prohibit the sale of ammo or magazines to MA residents.

I love it when a free state shop imposes their own 2A restrictions that are contrary to the laws in their own state![slap]
I support the 2nd Amendment, but...[puke2]

Must be a New Hamphole thing![popcorn]

PS. I bet our pot shops sell to NH residents visiting us here in MA.[smile]

Last edited:
There is a Federal law regarding age to purchase ammunition; if you buy, for example, shotgun shells at a big box store you'll notice the register pops up an "Age 18?" prompt, though usually the cashier clears it nearly instantly unless you look really underage. And Walmart has a nationwide policy to not sell anything remotely gunny to anybody under 21, but that's not a law.

I was “carded” at SO about a month ago buying ammo so I think its fairly standard for NH gun shops to ask for ID atleast near the MA border and by the looks of it further north too.
Not at all standard to ask for MA-LTC!

SO is one of the three "carding" dealers I mentioned upthread, though Jim is sporadically active on NES and has been through enough legal drama over the years that it's difficult to begrudge him setting such a policy.

A couple years ago I was asked for a NH drivers license or MA LTC to buy ammo at a shop in Pelham.

Did they just want to see your ID to verify your age or did they actually want to see you LTC? Just curious, since I frequent a couple of NH shops (I live near the border) and none of them have ever asked for any ID for ammo purchases (totally different when buying a gun).

Did they just want to see your ID to verify your age or did they actually want to see you LTC? Just curious, since I frequent a couple of NH shops (I live near the border) and none of them have ever asked for any ID for ammo purchases (totally different when buying a gun).
That is a good question. I think they just asked for some form of state issued ID and I produced my LTC, but I could have also shown them my driver's license. To be honest I don't remember vividly because I was kind of overloaded with all the freedom the store had to offer and it was my first time shopping there.

No, that would be the New Hampshire shops making up their own rules and saying it is against the law to sell ammo to a resident of MA, unless they have an LTC permit in MA.
Or try to purchase a magazine over 10 rounds in NH. When it's not illegal to sell or possess there either.
No such laws in New Hampshire exist that prohibit the sale of ammo or magazines to MA residents.

I love it when a free state shop imposes their own 2A restrictions that are contrary to the laws in their own state![slap]
I support the 2nd Amendment, but...[puke2]

Must be a New Hamphole thing![popcorn]

PS. I bet our pot shops sell to NH residents visiting us here in MA.[smile]

No, actually, it is a ma**h*** thing!

bigpopcorn.gif

ID for age verification, just fine and quite normal. MA LTC to purchase, not a normal thing.
Yes, I was totally fine with it because I get carded everywhere I go anyway but like I said I don't remember if it was specifically an LTC they wanted or just a state issued ID, I think the latter seems more likely.

Truly my only problem would be, being denied if I did not have an LTC. Other than that I really don't give a f***.

We seem to have gotten of the original question asked by the OP or the title of the thread.... Can I carry in NH with my MA LTC.....Answer was yes. Constitutional carry....Again there are few exceptions imposed by the Fish and Game POPO. Just make sure you understand all the laws. NH did not abolish some of the standing Fish and Games laws surrounding Off road vehicles....That's unfortunate.

Last edited:
Gee!! That sounds like the two dumps, One in Hooksett and the other in Amherst. Both go by the same name. They do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom