• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can it get any easier?

Anyone got one of these?
Just know that these use an IR illuminator. I started coyote hunting with one a few years back and it works but follow up shots on multiple targets can be annoying. The IR illuminator will pick up the smoke in the air from the shot and obscure follow up shots.

My friend has one of the thermals, he was gonna lend it to me for awhile after winter so I can't provide any opinion yet.

Mostly used for coyote hunting

I have the 3-14x. it needs a super strong illuminator. it’s not starlight etc. it also completely fubars any night vision on the eye you’re using it with. mine stock I could see the eyes of deer glowing back at 50-60yds. only knew they were deer because I know the trail they come up into my yard. Only cool factor is they had no idea I was there. I took it off the rifle it was on and it’s on the shelf now. I will get a thermal next and not mess with NV until I can pursue real NV.

Only -20 to 120 operating temp?

So, hunting in pretty cold weather can't be done?

Has anyone run into issues with those Temps?

Back
Top Bottom