• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can we please mark banned people so everyone can see it. Also, can we please add a user title to deceased members

As we found out in the Fishfinder thread (RIP), when he was banned there was no marker for non admins to see this. Derek sees a strike through the name. The old forum software would add a "Banned" user title. Can we please have one or both of these added so all of us can see? Many times I wonder if a person hasn't logged in for months because they are banned, and I have no way of knowing without nagging an admin. There has been perhaps one of these a month that I've run into.

Same idea with the dead person tag. Recently a poster commented that they didnt know the lawyer (crossx?) who was a regular here who died over 10 years ago was dead. We've had plenty of really cool, big members here die. Let's celebrate their memory and immortalize them with a cool "Range in the Sky" or something user flair. I think it would be a cool send off and a reminder to people that the persons deceased.

Worth mentioning, dead people do get replied to (and the person replying has no idea said person is dead) and banned people do get replied to (and the person replying has no idea they are banned). These accounts cant reply, so I think marking them is productive, and in the case of the deceased a nice nod to our passed friends.

She let us know already, she is either psychic or planning something [laugh]
Maybe that's she and Little Jack were talking about guns drawing straws the other day. BYW, Jack, who is in Monadnock HS took NH State Champ in the 300 yd hurdles on Sunday. Jack.

you're only g.b.n.f. if another member knows you're gone. i think this has been a stumbling block for recognizing departed members in the past.

Back
Top Bottom