• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can we stop the price gouging!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like looking at the gun classifieds, but I am amazed at the prices that are asked for normal run of the mill firearms on this forum. I can see if you think you have a super rare (which is rarely "rare") firearm that you think is worth more than your first born, but let's be realistic.
In all the situations I have ever encountered with gun stores, if you buy a gun for say $500, and one year later you take that gun back to trade for something else that catches you eye. You will be offered $300 for the trade, because that dealer is going to want to make money on the said "used" gun and still offer the gun at a reduced price to another buyer as an alternative to a new gun. Is he going to ask $500 for the used gun? NO, he will probably sell it for $400 or $425.

So...why would I buy that "used" gun from someone on this forum for $600 just because you include a crappy holster and a box or two of ammo? Most of the guns that are inflated on Northeast shooters are availible on line for the same price or less at your local dealer or online. Am I missing something.

Let's be reasonable and offer these firearms for what they are worth and hey, maybe even offer a fellow gun lover a deal.
DJ

IBTL!!!!

This has been touch upon numerous times.

BTW I do agree with the OP and ntomsw and kurtb.

Last edited:
We need a sub forum for stupid focking threads which have been covered 7 million times, in the same effin day.

How much whining can there be on one gun forum.

If it'll make you feel any better, I've seen pre-ban Colt A2s, which were fetching $2500+ on Gumbroker, now being re-listed due to no bids, with an opening price of $1600. The tide is turning.

So in other words you're pissed because someone has more money then you???

I know what would solve this. More laws.

And there's a generous member on here doing a Karma for 1000 .223 rounds. Maybe you should realize we are all getting hurt with the gouging, stop with the bullshit. Fat Jesus on a ****ing bike, NES has been terrible recently. Seems no one understands free market.

Look, someone else crying about prices..... [rolleyes]

These threads have been posted a number of times by an number of cry babies. Its pretty simple really " Dont buy it if you dont like the price"

IBTL

couch.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom