• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Can you open carry in Mass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legal in MA, frowned upon by NES, and most people assume will lead to suitability issues but I never really read anything to back that up

Then you need to do more reading.

Dedham and the name Joe (forgot his last name) comes to mind. It's all here on NES, including the 1st-hand story by Joe.

Dedham and the name Joe (forgot his last name) comes to mind. It's all here on NES, including the 1st-hand story by Joe.

Is that the one who actually was carrying concealed, his jacket blew aside, cop spotted the firearm and busted him (exact details elude me)?

I'm familiar with it, most are not and their fear of open carrying stems from word of mouth and not experience

that's one example out of how many?
and he wasn't even open carrying

Last edited:
Is that the one who actually was carrying concealed, his jacket blew aside, cop spotted the firearm and busted him (exact details elude me)?

Yes, but cop that saw it merely had a chat with him and wrote a report. Chief is the one who revoked him as "unsuitable" and Joe lost in court as well (even on appeal). It took a "negotiated settlement" some ~4 years later but only when that chief retired . . . then he got his LTC back. However, I understood that the one he got after that was restricted.

i still dont understand the intrest in open carry recently. The only thing that I can figure out is trying to to the ass-less chaps gay pride parade concept... where the more people see it the more normal it is. the first few years GLTB was seen as horrible and people complained about it, eventualy it got to be the new normal... can this happen with firearms? with out the liberal media's assistance? The whole problem is the fact that most people only see/hear/think about guns as something that police and criminals have (thanks to TV and movies). Would more open carry change that or will it go the otherway and scare people into enough acction with the thought that 'to many people have guns mmkayyyy, we need to pass new laws to keep the scarry guns away from us, mmkaayyyyy'...

This. I have hung out with the VA Open carry group here in Virginia. The idea is that the more people see others open carrying firearms, not dressing like a punk, the more normal it is.

The group often goes out and does volunteer work for the community (like pick up litter on the side of the road) while OC'ing. Also, the group hosts dinners for fellow OC'ers and people who are interested in OC at 2A friendly establishments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. I have hung out with the VA Open carry group here in Virginia. The idea is that the more people see others open carrying firearms, not dressing like a punk, the more normal it is.

The group often goes out and does volunteer work for the community (like pick up litter on the side of the road) while OC'ing. Also, the group hosts dinners for fellow OC'ers and people who are interested in OC at 2A friendly establishments.

So you cheating on us ? ;(

Legal in MA, frowned upon by NES, and most people assume will lead to suitability issues but I never really read anything to back that up

SUITABILITY.jpg

Legally, there is nothing prohibiting open carry.

Realistically, some asshat is going to call the police department because they're shitting their pants because you have a gun. They'll likely confiscate your firearm, and if they're in the mood, arrest you for disturbing the peace. Word will get back to your Local PD and the CLEO will revoke your LTC and seize all your firearms.

this exactly

So you cheating on us ? ;(

Yeah, but you guys like me a lot better. I think.

"You don't know what you had until it's gone" [crying][wink]
We've never met so I can only go by what I've read on NES about you...

Are you sure that the Open Carry folks knew you were there?

/ducking for cover

/ducking for cover

Better be careful, if you two ever meet she might head-butt you in your ankle and that would be painful! [rofl] [rofl]

/ducking for cover

Better be careful, if you two ever meet she might head-butt you in your ankle and that would be painful! [rofl] [rofl]

"ducking for cover" ......... not a smart move at all. Your ducking brings you right into my striking zone [laugh]

Sure you can open carry in Massachusetts!

Just be aware, you will do it only once. Once you have done it one time, you will be taken in for disorderly conduct, and you will lose your license on suitability grounds.

I don't know about LenS but MY ankles are pretty strong and I don't know how many... ummmm... foot pounds of energy she could develop.

Short legs = low velocity and not many grains of mass, soo....

When's the next NES event you'll be at? I'll be there [devil2]

I don't know what the big deal is,I use to open carry all the time.

Attachments

• Scanjoey1.jpg
    Scanjoey1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom