Can you open carry in Mass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ive looked around and havent seen a yes or no about open carry in mass(a handgun)?

So lets say someone with a class a ltc with no restrictions, can that person open carry in mass?

Yes or No .

Legally, there is nothing prohibiting open carry.

Realistically, some asshat is going to call the police department because they're shitting their pants because you have a gun. They'll likely confiscate your firearm, and if they're in the mood, arrest you for disturbing the peace. Word will get back to your Local PD and the CLEO will revoke your LTC and seize all your firearms.

thanks for letting me know, i wasnt sure.... i have restrictions and i dont plan on open carry at all just wanted to know...

Do you like your suitability?

As Rob and others said legal - yes/ advisable ?

Is open carry still technically legal on a restricted ltc? (mine is also restricted)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Wear this and you'll be fine![laugh]

1000x1000.jpg

The letter 'explaining' Boston's restrictions is worded in a way that you can't even CCW including to and from activities. The restrictions as given by BPD are meant so can't carry period unless you are hunting or at target practice.

I have a good idea let all go out with our holsters on but empty.I will bet that if a few people all went into a place with empty holsters some moon bat would call the cops.

You don't need all that fancy ship.

Just be in shape, dress in a polo and tactical pants and wear desert boots. You'll be ok. Oh yeah, Oakleys or something similar.

Really. [wink]

I have told this story here before and will do it again, and again, I have a buddy that has his LTC with a "Not Concealed" restriction on it. So he open carries. Does he get hassled? Yep, cops stop him here and there, he shows them his LTC, they scratch their heads, call the Captain and then send him on his way. He is so use to it now he kind of enjoys meeting all the cops he runs into. Most are alright he told me, there are a few (as always) buttholes that don't think anyone should have a gun besides them, but for the most part they are OK after they understand what his restriction means.
Most of his stops are in Boston BTW but his LTC is issued from Newton.

Last edited:
I have a good idea let all go out with our holsters on but empty.I will bet that if a few people all went into a place with empty holsters some moon bat would call the cops.

I could hear that 911 call. "A bunch of men are walking around with empty high capacity holsters. I think they all lost their guns!"

if one has a restricted LTC, how "open" would their gun have to be to not be considered CCW, I wonder? in other words, could one conceal 95% of the gun, with the result that nobody would know what it was, and still be legal. I have no restrictions from Lexington, but I'm a tad nervous that when I renew next year it will be tougher.

They'd shut down 16 square blocks, order everyone to shelter in place and bring in SWAT/HRT to search for the "missing guns" just like they do when they find a spent .22LR casing in a school or public area.

I have told this story here before and will do it again, and again, I have a buddy that has his LTC with a "Not Concealed" restriction on it. So he open carries. Does he get hassled? Yep, cops stop him here and there, he shows them his LTC, they scratch their heads, call the Captain and then send him on his way. He is so use to it now he kind of enjoys meeting all the cops he runs into. Most are alright he told me, there are a few (as always) buttholes that don't think anyone should have a gun besides them, but for the most part they are OK after they understand what his restriction means. Most of his stops are in Boston BTW but his LTC is issued from Newton.

That's one of the dumbest restrictions I have ever heard of.

You don't need all that fancy ship.

Just be in shape, dress in a polo and tactical pants and wear desert boots. You'll be ok. Oh yeah, Oakleys or something similar.

Really. [wink]

How true. I've seen this many times. The most recent at a pharmacy.

That's one of the dumbest restrictions I have ever heard of.

Sure is. The CoP wanted to bust his nuts because the chief denied him. He took the chief to court. Denial was because of a weed bust when he was 16. It was cwof if he kept his nose clean for a year. He did so it was supposed to be buried. The chief was a rookie when it happened so he did what most asshat cops do, screw with you. He lost the court case Judge told him to issue so he did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom