Canadian Court Rules Gun Maker Smith & Wesson Can Be Liable for 2018 Shooting

Unless I'm mistaken (which as a non-lawyer I easily could be), this ruling just puts the gun industry in line with just about every other one. Which is to say, manufactures have a duty to ensure to the best of their ability that their products are used as intended. It doesn't imply liability or guilt, just allows for that liability to be determined.
1613774761881.png

Next time someone steals a car and runs someone over, sue the manufacturer. The car didn't have smart technology.

Unless I'm mistaken (which as a non-lawyer I easily could be), this ruling just puts the gun industry in line with just about every other one. Which is to say, manufactures have a duty to ensure to the best of their ability that their products are used as intended. It doesn't imply liability or guilt, just allows for that liability to be determined.
Dude, what????

You own a gun, right? Familiar with how it works? Good lord.

I can't tell if you two are just too lazy to read more than one message or having difficulty understand what was in them. I'll wait for some angry and sarcastic comment to let me know which.
No, I just thought you were high.

All he did was clog up the courts with a case that can't be won by the prosecution. They will hope for an out of court settlement like in every other case.
What will they do when that rational is applied to cars....bikes.....kitchen knives......

Maybe yours were?
I just took one out of the safe to check. Here are the markings on the barrel.
The one I bought within the last few years is stamped as made in MA... So either SOME are made in Canadastan, or they shifted out of that frozen shithole.
Both of our .22 LR and our .223 have the MA markings and the Indian head logo etched onto the bolts. Might end up being collector's items one day in this world of political correctness. Check the Land O Lakes butter containers. The image of the Indian squaw is gone.

Attachments

• 20210219_095246.jpg
    20210219_095246.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom