Canadian handgun ban bill modified to include Fudd hunting rifles

Rockrivr1

NES Member
NOW the Fudds are up in arms. I hate to say it but it's about time the Fudds were bitten in the arse by their "not my issue" mentality.....

Confusion was on the agenda at a parliamentary committee last week after the Liberal government brought in last-minute amendments to its contentious gun control legislation.

The proposed changes to Bill C-21 were tacked on by Liberal MP Paul Chiang after it had passed second reading — drawing complaints from opposition MPs who accused the government of sneaking in changes that would expand the scope of prohibited weapons to include hunting rifles.

The amendment adds long guns to the banned list in four different ways. First, it has a clause that would effectively ban any rifle or shotgun that could potentially accept a magazine with more than five rounds, whether or not it actually has such a magazine. Critics say that includes many rifles designed for hunters, not soldiers.

These are Canadian "Fudds" and Canada is downtown Fuddville. American Fudds should, but don't, know better. They'll be even more surprised when their hunting and target rifles are reclassified as "sniper rifles" only used by the military and "terrorists."

NOW the Fudds are up in arms. I hate to say it but it's about time the Fudds were bitten in the arse by their "not my issue" mentality.....

The classic slippery slope of English gun seizure & prohibition. It worked in UK as there was no national umbrella gun organizations - just separate pistol, shotgun and rifle clubs and organizations. When the pistols went, the shotgun ers and riflemen watched. When they took the rifles the shotgunners watched. Then they took all but break-open shotguns, Then restricted those too.

NRA - love them or hate them - kept gun rights alive for decades. Now other organizations are stepping up to fill the void left by NRA’s bad works…but they are still feared as the political bogeyman.

The classic slippery slope of English gun seizure & prohibition
not just english, it was done to most (but not all) of europe.
but fudds do not care, as, they always do know better.

ingenious canadian hunters will probably be ones most affected, but, who cares about that. they can use spears and arrows against polar bears anyway, like centuries before, in the ecological clean way.

Back
Top Bottom