• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Canadian Man Sentenced For "Obsessive" Gun Collecting

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Prince George baker Karl Haus sentenced for 'obsessive' gun collecting

A Prince George baker known for his delicious flax buns and fresh loaves of rye was sentenced earlier this week after RCMP seized "an arsenal" of illegal weapons and ammunition from his home.

Karl Haus is better known as the owner of Prince George's oldest bakery, the Pastry Chef, a downtown institution since 1955 that sells German pastries and breads.

But Haus made headlines back in November 2013, after border officers at the International Mail Processing Centre in Toronto intercepted a suspicious package from Germany.

The package turned out to contain prohibited weapons parts, so the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) brought in the RCMP and a joint investigative team was formed.

When RCMP officers arrived to search Haus's Prince George home they uncovered 31,000 rounds of ammunition, several prohibited automatic weapons including a fully automatic M16 and a fully automatic AK 47, three hand guns, two of which were loaded, seven rifles, two morning stars, two shotguns, five 100-round capacity drum magazines, 50 assault rifle magazines, and four bulletproof vests.

RCMP called Haus's weapons collection "staggering" and "incredibly disturbing, and said they feared some of the "military-grade weapons" could have fallen in to criminal hands.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tenced-for-obsessive-gun-collecting-1.3390637

they feared some of the "military-grade weapons" could have fallen in to criminal hands. [thinking]

The sentence:

In the end on Monday, Keyes sentenced Haus to a six-month conditional sentence, meaning the jail time could be served in the community.

He's allowed to go to work, but Haus has been slapped with travel restrictions, a curfew and ordered to give a DNA sample.

Furthermore, he had to forfeit his entire gun and weapon collection and won't be allowed to own guns again for a decade.

He was also banned from having alcohol, except when adding it to German baked goods.

The judge said gun owners need to be deterred from buying prohibited weapons and if Haus had criminal connections he'd be in jail.

But in this case there was no danger, no damage and no one was harmed, said Keyes.

He would have gotten much worse in MA, even though he harmed nobody.

He meant that they fell into the hands of the confiscating 'authorities' - those criminals, not the guy who didn't actually hurt anybody.

And "ordered to give a DNA sample"?? WTF.

ok...my apologies. I misunderstood....

Can't be a gun collector, but smoke and grow all the Marijuana you want... Liberal logic 101.

jeezus 6 months for full auto possession. what would you get here in the US if you where in possession of a un registered machinegun.

jeezus 6 months for full auto possession. what would you get here in the US if you where in possession of a un registered machinegun.

The woman who got caught with the one stolen from the Armory got nothing.*

* I forget the details exactly but there is still a possibility for charges from another .gov org.

He didn't exactly get screwed here. Don't go online and order shit that's traceable, I feel for the guy but let's not act like the dude is going to be up for a mensa position. If you want full auto you don't go buy one online.

Well he already had two so he was doing something right.

Canada, the only place in the world where the criminal shoots you, then apologizes and brings you to the hospital....

You must visit a different Canada than I know. I went to HS with guys selling AK's and micro uzi's out of their trunk, where locker searches that netted buckets of weapons occurred regularly and randomly, where immigrant populations clashed regularly (and often violently) with the mostly German and British population, where there is a 2-3 YEAR wait to get a PCP and a normal ER visit is 4-6 hours before you get seen. Canada has no right to property so when that prick breaks into your house, beats you, rapes your wife, and sprains his wrist tripping over your front steps on the way out ... he can sue you. And win.

But hey, at least the hockey is good eh?

You must visit a different Canada than I know. I went to HS with guys selling AK's and micro uzi's out of their trunk, where locker searches that netted buckets of weapons occurred regularly and randomly, where immigrant populations clashed regularly (and often violently) with the mostly German and British population, where there is a 2-3 YEAR wait to get a PCP and a normal ER visit is 4-6 hours before you get seen. Canada has no right to property so when that prick breaks into your house, beats you, rapes your wife, and sprains his wrist tripping over your front steps on the way out ... he can sue you. And win.

But hey, at least the hockey is good eh?

There was suppose to be some veiled sarcasm there, jeez I'm having difficult with that today.

Anyways, the hockey is good and you can touch the strippers (without getting thrown out).

There was suppose to be some veiled sarcasm there, jeez I'm having difficult with that today.

Anyways, the hockey is good and you can touch the strippers (without getting thrown out).

Sorry, my portable sarcasm meter must be on the fritz. Some people actually believe that Canada is an oasis of friendly people and that nothing evil ever happens. A lot of those people actually live in Canada.

Sorry, my portable sarcasm meter must be on the fritz. Some people actually believe that Canada is an oasis of friendly people and that nothing evil ever happens. A lot of those people actually live in Canada.

It's awful, especially in Quebec. About 10 years ago I went with a small group snowmobiling up through the Forks and into Saint Georges and the locals there were aweful, got into a fight at a bar and all. Woke up the next morning to people trying to steal our sleds. Good thing we had a contractor cable looped through the tracks or they would have been gone.

Also had a 2 diesel Ram 3500 dualy's stolen from the hotel at Mont Tremblant around 2000 while I was up there for work.

He would have gotten much worse in MA, even though he harmed nobody.

I doubt it, depending on the circumstances. At least in MA most of the stuff he had there is a legal means to own
it... and there's a good chance someone like him would have gone through the hoops. In canada owning a lot of that stuff is pretty much impossible- there's no wallhacks or anything. So your choices up there are "be a criminal", "don't own guns" or "own only the shitty guns the state allows you to own".

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom